Monday, October 20, 2008

Its Been Awhile

from Sept 2008...

Well since its been so long since my last post, I figured I would update you all on our lives….

July 14th our newest member made her appearance into our lives, surprising us about 4 days earlier than we thought. Isabella Grace has been such a joy to have in our lives. I cant imagine live without her or her big sister, Makayla Rose. Being a mommy to these two young ones has been a blast. Of course, it is not all joys but the joys seem to outweigh the frustrating times.

I have had some difficulty recovering, but that seems to have past and I am feeling good…low on sleep but feeling good. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband who was (and still is) willing to do what he could around the house to help me out. I have had other friends and family that stepped up to the plate and helped out as well during the transition of having baby and recovering. Now that we are getting into a routine its been really good…full of new and exciting things.

Although Isabella changes almost daily at this point in her life, Makayla has been the source of many changes in the last few weeks. The biggest is that she is now in a big girl bed. I thought that this transition would be harder than it actually turned out to be. We had about a week where there was extended crying sessions when we put her to bed for the night or afternoon nap, but in the last couple days, there has been no tears and only once has she fallen out of bed. I am hoping that potty training will be as easy, but not sure…will keep you updated on that!

Anyway, I will try and write more next week but the final thing for this week is that I am so blessed in my life right now. I am so happy and grateful for what God has entrusted to me and Art. It has been a long, hard road to parenthood. Initially, we were told that it could be almost impossible for me to have children. Then I was diagnosed with cancer in May 2005, with the miracle of conceiving 10 months later. After all our dreams came true by conceiving a child, we still had the mountain of enduring 8 weeks in NICU with Makayla. And now, Isabella is the final chapter of our little family, one I never thought I would have, and one that I will be forever debted to God for. He gave me this gift of motherhood and I hope that I do my best to raise these girls for His purposes, not mine.

Have a God blessed and God filled week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment