Monday, October 20, 2008

My Weekly Seven

So lately I have come into the habit of catching up on friends’ lives by reading their blogs and have gotten several neat blogging ideas from them. Thank you to “M” for this one that I am going to borrow on a weekly basis.

Since Canadian Thanksgiving has just come and gone, I have been once again thinking on all the things I have in my life to be thankful for. Once a week I am going to write about my list of seven things I am thankful for. This will be my first entry. I will try my hardest to do this list on the same day every week, but we all know how life happens, so bare with me on that:)

Here it goes:

1. My Husband - he is so wonderful…he is one of very few hubbies who will do laundry, clean, cook and all with a smile on his face. I love you sweetie!

2. My Girls - How two little people can just melt a heart is unbelievable. The gift I have been given in Isabella Grace and Makayla Rose is one I will never take for granted, yet am so priviledged to have been given. Thank you Lord for giving me the gift of motherhood. Its hard but so worth it!

3. Health - right now I am recovering from having my gall bladder out, and wow I am so thankful for when I am in full, functioning good health! It is truly amazing to me how much we take good health for granted.

4. A Good Book - love my time to just read and am thankful that I can give the gift of reading to my girls…already Makayla would rather sit with a pile of books than do anything else…even at 2 years of age!

5. My Friend Bobby Jo- I am thankful that she is here to remind me that I have to take care of me or I am going to be useless to the girls and Art. Thank you for making me realize that I matter and everything else can wait. And that I can say NO and I NEED HELP! You are the best!

6. Teresa - that are helping me with the kids while I heal from surgery…without you I dont know what would be.

7. God - for giving me strength as I recover and for reminding to me to just “be still” and I am thankful to Him for giving me the tools I need to be a true mom after God’s own heart and teach my children about Him and His ways.

So there it is my list of seven for this week….keep checking back as I add new lists every week and I would love to see comments from you all that read my little humble blog.

Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment