I am currently reading, A Woman’s High Calling, by Elizabeth George. I have actually ready through it once before, but am finding more and more wonderful truths in it the second time around.
Proverbs 14:1 says, “Every wise woman builds her house”
On page 240, George makes the following statements:
…the commentator who wrote of God’s high calling to us to be homemakers as a calling that “sets her position as queen in the home”….what new attitudes and insights about homemaking might we adopt were we to picture ourselves as queens rather than servants!
1. Homemaking is a priority Titus 2:3-5
2. Homemaking is a privilege Proverbs 9:1 and 14:1
3. Homemaking is about people
4. Homemaking is also about a place
5. Homemaking is a passion Proverbs 31 Ecclesiastes 9:10
6. Homemaking is a profession
7. Homemaking is a matter for prayer
8. Homemaking is permanent
9. Homemaking sets a pattern
10. Homemaking is a practice
If our home is a ministry, shouldn’t that ministry become a passion? Shouldnt our feelings and emotions be involved when it comes to the people and place we love? And shouldn’t our work be done passionately? Shouldn’t our labors be labors of love?
Thank you Elizabeth George for making me think