Thursday, January 29, 2009

A New Recipe

So I ran out of onion soup mix the other day and I wanted some for a recipe that I was using...don't you just hate it when you are in the middle of cooking and find out you dont have all the ingredients, or you check before hand and just dont want to go out for an extra shopping trip. Well I decided to go on the internet to see if I could find something to substitute...and I DID!!!!

Here is a recipe for making a subsitute for dry onion soup mix...I tried it and it is actually pretty good so I wanted to share it!

1/4 cup dry onion flakes
2 tbsp beef boullion granuales
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp parsley
1/8 tsp celery seed
1/8 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp pepper

Mix together and use!

Let me know what you think...also, what are your tips for substitute items?

No comments:

Post a Comment