Monday, January 26, 2009

Out of the Mouth of Kids!

So here is a few things I have heard Makayla say over the last few weeks and it just amazes me. Hard to believe sometimes she is only just over 2 years old!

1. About a week or two ago, we picked up a second hand Fisher Price Little People Farm Set and I went to put the chicken in the barn where the hay was, and she said, "Mommy,no, thats where Baby Jesus is supposed to go"

2. We are successfully potty training and the other day Makayla had just gone to the washroom. Well not even 2 minutes later (I hadn't even had a chance to go and empty her potty yet - that's how fast this happened) I saw her doing "the dance" - all you parents you know what "the dance" is:) Anyway, I said, "go sit before you pee on Dora" (she wears Dora panties and that is how we got her trained - don't get Dora wet). Well she wiggled more and said, "mommy Shirley (she calls me that all the time) I can't there is still pee in the pot, you got to throw it away first!" and wiggled and HELD IT until I did...was so proud of her!

3. A couple weeks ago we were walking down the stairs together and I slipped (hurt my shoulder/back for a bit & Makayla was fine) and Makayla looks at me and says, "Mommy, why did you do that for?" All with a very ticked off look on her face:)

So what funny parent/child moments have you had lately? I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment