Monday, January 19, 2009

This Week Coming...

So we just went through another busy weekend and I am pumped for this week....I am watching a friends little girl this morning and her and Makayla are only 7 months apart so I think they are going to have a lot of fun together. Actually every Monday she will be coming over, so it will be nice for my little one to have a friend to play with.

Starting in February, I am delving into the home child care experience and going to be watching 2 sisters as well...both of whom are very close to Makayla's age, so that will be nice...not only for me to help contribute to the family income without having to leave home, but to help Makayla socialize more. I will update you on how that goes from time to time on here:)

My menu planning is going great...yesterday we decided to go grocery shopping at a different store than normal and WOW is all I have to say....I think we may have found a new place to grocery shop! We ended up spending about $75 LESS at this place, then our "normal" store. It felt really good to be able to spend so much less. I made my menus up for the next two weeks and even bought a few things not on the list and still spent less, so pretty pumped about that.

Makayla started gymnastics on Saturday. This is going to be a weekly thing from now until April. And she is going with her dad, as their "weekly date" - going for breakfast then to gymnastics. Art said she was a little apprehensive at first but then got right into it - except for rolling - apparently she would not, which is weird because she does it all the time at home! I will post pics next weekend as I am going to go watch I think.

Here is a problem we are having with Makayla and I am hoping that a reader out there can help me out or give me some advice! Makayla will not stay in Sunday School. At our church, S.S. starts at the age of 2, no worries about that. And she is usually okay going in, but as soon as story time starts she gets really anxious and cries and then our number gets flashed in the service and we have to go and get her. Apparently when this all started happening the teacher told us the stories they were listening to had some loud sound effects and she thought that was the problem but those stories are done now, and the issue is still there....we have tried sitting through Sunday School with her but she won't go....but here's the funny thing....once church service is over, she ALWAYS wants to go to her Sunday School room and check it out! Any suggestions?

So here is my planned menu for the week:

I am a cereal/oatmeal kinda girl for breakfast, and usually leftovers, or sandwiches for lunches with fruit and yogurt for lunches so don't plan those typically, so here is our dinner meal plans for the next couple weeks:

- Slow Cooker Beef Stew
-Chicken Cacciatore with Spaghetti
-Chicken, Potato, & Veggie Bake
-Teriyaki Veggies & Rice (homemade teriyaki sauce)
-Zesty Spaghetti Frittata
-Crustless Broccoli Quiche
-Stuffed Peppers
-Zesty Chicken and Rice Skillet
-Pasta with homemade Spaghetti sauce and Mashed Potato
-Meatloaf with ground Lamb
-Mushroom Pork chops and Baked Potato
-One Dish Fish Dinner (with Cod fillets)
-Shepards pie with ground turkey
-Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Anyway, have a great God filled week and I will post again soon!

Check out my 101 list for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment