Thursday, March 5, 2009

Encouragement during Tough Times

So over the last little while I have had a number of friends and family going through some tough times. Sometimes I find that music says so much more than I can ever and these are a couple of songs that have been very encouraging to me and so I pass them on to those in my life that are going through valleys!

Hope they encourage you too, wherever you are in your life journey:



Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I’m caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won’t turn back
I know You are near

And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

Chorus:
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We’ll live to know You here on the earth

Chorus:

Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You


Isaiah 40: 27-31 has always been a favorite passage of scripture for me, particularly when struggling with cancer and infertility a couple years ago...when I first heard Lincoln Brewster sing Everylasting God I cried because not only does it speak my favorite verses, but it was so timely....this is a song that I listen to over and over again in good and bad times:)



Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary

You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles



Hide me now
Under your wings
Cover me
within your mighty hand

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father you are king over the flood
I will be still and know you are God

Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know his power
In quietness and trust


Be blessed by these videos and I pray that whatever storm or trial you are facing that you will cling to the hope that in our Lord, Jesus Christ!

We will never understand this side of heaven why we have to go through the things we do but we know God knows and I was once told, "If He brings us to it, He will bring us through it"

2 comments:

  1. I agree totally with worship music encouraging you. Thanks for this post. My new favorite song is MercyMe's "Bring the Rain" it's old but the words are comforting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you , I really needed this today.

    ReplyDelete