Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Esther: It's Tough Being A Woman Part 1

Okay, so last week I mentioned that I just finished up Beth Moore's study on the book of Esther. Wow, what an experience. I learned a lot to apply to my life and think about. So I am going to first sum up the study, then blog some of my thoughts on the study! One of the main things the Moore spoke about was turning our circumstances around.

1. Its Tough Being A Women ... In Another Woman's Shadow

When I am overshadowed, I can turn it around!

Psalm 91:1 "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty."

I went through a time when I struggled with infertility, and felt so overshadowed by those around me getting pregnant and starting families of their own. It was very interesting that Beth Moore suggested this verse during her study because it was one that was given to me in a card from a friend. I knew that as long as I rested in Him I would be able to get through anything!

2. Its Tough Being A Woman... In A World Where Beauty Is a Treatment

Ecclesiasties 3:11 "He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end."

Beth Moore made a number of statements which impacted me. Initially, I don't know why they have impacted me but I know His reasons will be revealed in His time.

a. You can't amputate your history from your destiny (you can't become the person God's going to make you without your history). Never forget what He's brought us from and through Jeremiah 29:11-13

b. Your past and future share the same root - Jesus

I struggled with low self confidence for many years thinking I was not pretty enough, etc but during the last 12 years or so I have realized the following:

*I am complete in Christ (Colossian 2:10)

*I am my Beloved's and His desire is to me (Song of Solomon 7:10)

*I am filled with His Beauty (Psalm 70:17)


One thing that Beth Moore mentioned was this "God is attracted to weakness because there is more room for the strength of God to come into you". Even when I am weak, He is stronger and will make me as strong as I need to be. Wow

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I loved your post. My husband will undergo back surgery next week and I can think of nothing to do other than to pray and to trust Him.
    The confidence thing, I found that in God, because no one else could fill that hole. What a comforting thought to know you and I belong to Him and that He is there for us always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first post I'd love to thank you for such a terrific quality site!
    Was thinking this is a nice way to introduce myself!

    Sincerely,
    Monte Phil
    if you're ever bored check out my site!
    [url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/safari-party-supplies.html]safari Party Supplies[/url].

    ReplyDelete