Monday, May 11, 2009

Finding Home - A Book Review


As a person who loves to read, I welcome the opportunity to read books that don't cost me anything. Especially in today's economic uncertainty.

When I heard about the opportunity to do a book review, I jumped on the opportunity. Brad Huebert is the author of Finding Home: A Parable of Kingdom Life. It is avaliable through Amazon,as well as Barnes and Noble

The first thing that I always do when deciding whether to read a book is to read the back cover. If the back cover does not grab my attention, I will not usually read the book. Well, let me just say I opened up Finding Home almost immediately. Here is what I read, which I am sure will intrigue you as well:

"When we struggle to get closer to God and experience his fullness, the typical prescription is a truckload of spiritual activity that leaves us discouraged and empty. Author Brad Huebert has been down that dead-end path and back again. Finding Home dissolves the veil between faith and sight to help you embrace the power and majesty of God's kingdom. Follow the epic adventures of Ivan, a lukewarm believer who finds himself transported to the heavenly realm where he must choose between two paths—the Old City or the New City. One leads to exhaustion and despair; the other leads to the heart of the King. Which will he choose?

Through Ivan's journey, experience how to leave the Old City behind and embrace God’s kingdom. Finding Home is a story you'll want to pick up over and over; it is replete with unforgettably delectable images to savor with each read. It invites you to rethink your old assumptions about faith and kingdom life. Which path will you choose?"

As I began to read Finding Home, I immediately began to be reminded of great works such as "Pilgrim's Progress". The author used a very easy to read style for a very analytical topic, and I for one am very grateful for that. During the last 12 years I have been through many trials and sometimes made poor choices. However, whatever I have done or been through God loved me. He loves me enough to forgive, and enough to never leave me alone. "Finding God: A Parable of Kingdom Love" only served to remind me of this. God does not want me to stay complacent, He wants me to know Him in ways I never have. Thank you Brad for writing this wonderful book. I will be re-reading it to draw even closer to my God, as I continually walk in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment