Monday, June 15, 2009

Book Review: 100 Bible Stories, 100 Bible Songs



Book Description

100 Bible Stories will soon be hidden in your child's heart and bursting out in song. From Genesis and Revelation to Psalms, Proverbs, and Jesus' parables, children will read their favorite Bible story and sing their favorite Bible song. Bible truths and Life Action Applications will help your child take these Biblical teachings to heart. 100 kid-friendly Bible stories, with adorable illustrations, are paired with two awesome CDs filled with 100 new arrangements of more than two hours of favorite songs, hymns, and spirituals. It's a unique experience the whole family will enjoy!

My Review

As soon as I received 100 Bible Stories, 100 Bible Songs from Thomas Nelson for their Book Review Blogger program I knew I had something special in my hands! There were many well-known Bible Stories, such as Noah's Ark but also a few that I would not have necessarily thought to read to my 2.5 yo daughter, such as the story of Samson. 100 Bible Stories, 100 Bible is designed for children 4-8, yet is written in such simple language that my 2.5 sat for over one hour listening to me read the stories!

Now the 2 CD set that is included is super! Many of the songs were familiar to me and that was great, as I could sing along with them and more easily teach them to my daugther! I love that there are several songs I am not familiar with so that we can learn them together as a family. Even my husband loved the CD, and as adults we often cringe when children's music is playing because it can be annoying. The CD for 100 Bible Stories, 100 Bible Songs is far from annoying and I know it will be one that will be listened to for many years yet!

100 Bible Stories, 100 Bible Songs is published by Thomas Nelson

1 comment:

  1. I've always enjoyed listening to inspirational and Bible songs like this. Thanks for sharing. Hey, in case you have cool I'd say just go for it.

    ReplyDelete