Monday, September 28, 2009

The Power of Soap Nuts - A Review

Over the last couple of years, I have tried to make my lifestyle more eco-friendly. I have done this through non-toxic bath and body supplies, "green" cleaning supplies and just recently, introducing more organic foods in my meal preparation.

I have used a number of eco-friendly, natural cleaning products over the last two & a half years, but recently discovered a product called Soap Nuts. I had never heard of them until recently when I read about them on a friend's blog. Now after researching them, I was intrigued to say the least.

As much as I love the idea of being environmentally friendly in my cleaning products, I am often skeptical until I can try out the product myself. I guess this is because I have had the mindset that you need to have chemicals in products for them to really clean. Nothing could be further than the truth, and Buy Soap Nuts proves that!



Buy Soap Nuts generously sent me a 500g bag of Soap Nuts. I was so excited when I got them. I had purposely held off doing laundry because I knew the Soap Nuts were coming:) I was not disappointed.

I had a lot of questions about how to use them, effectiveness, etc and the website is full of wonderful information! You can check out the FAQ section here.

Soap Nuts are VERY easy to use.... Pop 3-4 soap nuts into one of the small cotton bags - the 500g bag of Soap Nuts comes with 3 muslin bags, and are also available on the website. Tie and toss into the washer; add clothes and water. Each of these bags of soap nuts can be reused for 4-5 loads, then can be disposed of in your compost pile. The Soap Nuts turn mushy and gray when they need to be replaced.

A second option, is to make liquid soap nuts laundry detergent outlined on her site. You can also use the liquid in the dishwasher, which I did do and the dishes turned out wonderfully clean. You do need to rinse off dishes before loading the dishwasher, but this is just a minor inconvenience. You can even add a little vinegar to your rinse agent dispenser and it makes your dishes just sparkle!

BuySoapNuts.com has a ton of resources about how to use the soap nuts in a variety of ways! Check them out here.

BuySoapNuts.com has a ton of great information on how to use soap nuts in your life, from cleaning the house to cleaning your teeth! I had no idea what these little things could do! I am so glad to have discovered the power of soap nuts!!!!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great product - I think that I might buy some. You should head over to my blog and read my newest post, I'm giving you the, "One Lovely Blog Award" Congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great product! You should head over to my blog and read my newest post, I'm giving you the, "One Lovely Blog Award" Congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete