Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Giftventure - A Review

I am always on the look out for fun things to do with my daughter. One of her favorite activities that we do together is to place hide and seek, or to do "mini-scavenger hunts". I recently came across a company that incorporates the idea of scavenger hunts and I just had to let my readers know about it.

"Giftventure Studios, headquartered in Henderson, Nev., was launched in 2007 and offers children a personalized adventure that leads to a hidden gift. Stephen Mock invented Giftventure while struggling to find memorable gifts for his three nieces who live in Portland, Ore."(from Giftventure website)

A Giftventure is a personalized treasure hunt service where all of the materials are custom made and delivered to you! You simply choose an adventure, a character, and a hiding place for a gift that you provide. Enter the location where you have the hidden gift, some of the child’s personal interests, (such as a favorite game, or a local landmark), and you’re all set! Using the information you provide, we create and mail a series of letters and puzzles addressed to the child who must solve the puzzles and follow the clues in the letters to discover the location of your hidden gift.


Giftventure is designed for children from 2 - 12+ years, and there is a number of characters to choose from, including:

*Yo-Gabba Gabba
*Sesame
*Pirates
*Fairies

As of Oct 2009, Giftventure has teamed up with Nickelodeon and now has Dora, Deigo, Ni Hao Kai-lan and Spongebob Squarepants adventures to choose from!

I love that the process to sign up is so quick. It literally took about five minutes. I then received an envelope in the mail with three individual letters for my child. Each letter has a letter "written" by the chosen character, and an activity to do with the parent. I picked the Sesame Street Giftventure featuring Abby Cadabby, as she is one of my daughter's favorite characters. There was a rhyming maze, a picture to draw and a cut/paste activity to complete.

I "mailed" the letters to Makayla, and she was so excited when she received each one. I did this during the last week and a half before her recent birthday. She loves getting mail and was so excited when she saw they were from Abby!!!

In the end, Makayla had to look for one of her birthday presents hidden in her bedroom! She loved it!

One thing that I really like about Giftventure is you are not restricted to only holidays or birthdays. Giftventure can be enjoyed all year long, for any occasion.

You can receive a sample of a Giftventure by signing up here! You will receive a PDF of a sample adventure! It gives you a great idea of what to expect. You can also become a Giftventure fan on Facebook and follow them on Twitter.

Check Giftventure out today!

****Thank you to Giftventure for sending me a complimentary Giftventure of my choice, in exchange that I complete a blog review****

5 comments:

  1. Hi there! I'm stopping by to thank you for taking part in the comment challenge this month. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popping in from MBC Button Exchange!
    Now following your blog and grabbing your button...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! It took me a LONG time to set up a scavenger hunt for my daughter. THis would have been much easier. NOw following from MBC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boys would love this! I used to do scavenger hunts for birthdays. They were so fun, dividing into two groups, making clues and hiding them. This sounds like it simplifies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, what a great idea! My girls loved scavenger hunts when they were younger. I have to pass this on to my nieces for their children!!
    By the way, I'm going to love exploring your blog:-)

    ReplyDelete