Friday, October 16, 2009

Loving My Husband Friday's


So I have decided to join in the fun with Loving My Husband Fridays. You can hop over to Shannon's blog and find out more:)

I have been married for almost 12 years to my college sweetheart. As you can imagine there have been ups and downs throughout these years, but we have stuck it out and are so blessed to be where we are today.

I have decided instead of writing about one or two things that I love about my husband I thought I would write a little list of the 10 things I love most about him.

Here goes:

1. His love for Jesus - Because my husband (& myself) are Christians, he has made it a point to be the man and husband he is called to be. I love that he helps me to always put God at the center of our lives (most of the time anyway:))

2. His love for his girls - He is an awesome dad. If you have read My Story, you know that we had struggled with potential infertility and we have now been blessed with two daughters (3yrs and 15 mths). I love how he plays with them, protects them and just loves on them, even on the rough days!

3. His Eyes - there is just something about his eyes. When I look at those big brown eyes all the world is good and time stands still (I know, I know....mushy)

4. His Arms - in his arms I am so safe and secure. I know that he would do whatever he could to protect me from harm. And if harm comes, he is there to hold me tight and comfort me

5. His love for music - I love music and love that my husband does too. We have an extensive CD collection and with a variety of genres. Its so nice to have a husband who does not mind listening to music like Enya or classical music, even Southern Gospel. And I love that he does not mind kid's music all that much (especially when our daughter went through her Barney stage LOL)

6. His willingness to help out around the house! He does alot around the house - dishes, laundry, vacuuming! His mother raised a fine boy!!!

7. His BBQ skills - how the man can grill a steak!!!! Yummy!

8. His cooking skills - he amazes me when I watch him put a bunch of stuff in a pot and it tastes incredible!!! If only I could do that! I sooooo need to use recipes!!! LOL

9. I love that he gives me time outs when I need them - he knows my limits and he always knows when he walks in the door at the end of the day, if my day has been such that I need some "mommy time out" and is more than willing to give me that time:)

10. I love that he indulges my scrapbooking habit!! LOL and a habit it is (if you are a scrapbooker, you so know what I mean!

I love my husband and thank God everyday for giving me such a great man that follows after Him and still chases me!

2 comments:

  1. How sweet! New follower from MBC!

    http://housequeen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a great husband!! Prayed for your marriage. Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete