Thursday, October 8, 2009

Time Out Thursday - I Did It!



Okay, so last week I did not make time for myself and by the end of the week I could certainly tell. I was cranky with a capital "C"!!!

So this week I was determined that I would put myself first! And I did.

Actually, everyday this week, so far, I have been able to have some significant "me time". And I am so glad. Though the length has varied from day to day, I have still managed to give myself a "daily timeout" LOL....here is how it has been going:

1. Sunday - spend about 1/2 hour in my room, door closed and read! I love to read, and its even better when I have absolutely no distractions like family, tv and the computer:)

2. Monday - nice bubble bath and book for about 1/2 hour! Only minor setback was my three year old knew I was in the tub and wanted to join me LOL

3. Tuesday - During nap time, I was able to spend about 45 minutes reading my Bible and really listening to what God was trying to teach me. I do try to read my Bible everyday, but don't always take the time to listen to what God wants me to hear. Today I did and I was reminded that He knows all about me, what has happened in my past, and what will come and despite my mistakes, He loves me! He will bring me through it all, always! Great "me time" today:)

4. Wednesday - weekly Bible Study for Women at church....we are working through the Beth Moore/Phyllis Shirer/Kay Arthur DVD series, "Anointed, Transformed, Redeemed: A Study in David - Last time was really good for me to hear. Despite devastation in my life, I have to move past it or I will never know God as deeply as I was intended to. Good reminder!

So we will see what the rest of the week brings. It is Canadian Thanksgiving this coming weekend and we are heading out of town to visit family. So probably won't be able to have too much "me time". Glad I was able to carve out time for it at the beginning of the week!

Thank you God for drawing me to you and helping me to make time for me and You!

7 comments:

  1. You are on a roll girl! Woo Hoo! I can't believe how well you did this week! Way to go! Thanks so much for participating and linking up Theta Mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice job on your me time! Found you on MBC, and now following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! So much me time! Congrats on taking the time to spend time with you (and listening to God). THanks for joining us again this week!

    Looking forward to seeing what you do for your time-out next week.

    Happy Time-Out Thursday :)

    http://www.thewannabewahm.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous! You did fabulous with your mommy time out! Wow!

    This is my first week having a time out! I did nightclub cardio. it was amazing!

    Looking forward t oreading more about your time outs!

    Have a great thanksgiving weekend!
    www.pinkhairedmomma.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your time outs are awesome! I'm glad you had a great week--I need to take notes from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this sounds amazing. When my son was young, I had to take classes every Sunday to take my confirmation and First Communion. I didn't even realize how much it gave me until after Easter. I really missed that me time every Sunday.

    ReplyDelete