Thursday, October 1, 2009

Time Out Thursday - Not So Much



So the whole point of Time Out Thursday is to carve out some time for me. Well, to be perfectly honest that was very difficult for me this week. Yes, I went to Ladies Bible Study Last night for a couple hours, but other than that, nada, nil, nothing.

I have been busy this week, but not more than normal. So not sure why it was so difficult to give myself a "timeout". I know that meeting the needs of my family is important and my God-given purpose but I also know that if I do not take time for myself and burn out, I cannot be effective for my family.

These next couple days are very busy too, my daughter's 3rd birthday party (Princess Theme - go figure!), Church, doing extended child care in my home, and preparing for Canadian Thanksgiving next weekend. I have family visiting from Manitoba at that time, so that is some extra "stuff" for me to deal with next week.

One thing I have realized from reading various authors on time management is sometimes, you just need to add yourself to your "to do list". If that means pencilling in a time on your calendar than DO IT!

So now I have pencilled in some "me time" for this upcoming week and I know it will be so much easier to do it! I hope to update you with a more intriguing "Time Out Thursday" next week:)

God Bless Everyone and have a great day:)

7 comments:

  1. There must be something in the water because I didn't get to mine as well!!! It's been a crazy week for me, too. Thanks for trying! Maybe we'll have some time this upcoming week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope that you get to stick to your schedule and spend some time for yourself. You are right, you can't be an effective mom if you're burnt out. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my everyone has been so busy this week. I think it is in the air.

    Hopefully we all can get some me time next week.

    Happy Timeout Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't get any time either. In fact, I didn't even have time to post about not having time for timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm new to your blog, but enjoyed reading about your not having timeout!! lol. I like the part where you say, "Nada, Nil." It happens to the best of us. Thanks for sharing. Good meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Jasmine and all my new followers! I love that you all are checking out my blog:) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are absolutely right! You HAVE to pencil yourself in. As moms, we tend to put ourselves at the bottom of our to do list because we want to make sure that our loved ones needs and wants are met first. But if we don't take a time out, we can't be as efficient and productive as we want to be.

    I love Time-Out Thursday because it makes me push myself harder to make the time for myself so I can share it with my blog friends!

    ReplyDelete