Thursday, October 15, 2009

Time Out Thursday


So this week was a little crazy, with the cooler weather and snow that we have begun to see up here in Canada, I have been digging out the winter outerwear, trying to figure out what fits/doesn't fit and what I need to still buy (apparently boots for both children LOL). We also celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving (eat for pretty much 3 days straight - and I wonder why I feel so gross this week - hehehe.

However, despite the busyness called life, I did try to make time for myself.

I have been able to take a couple bubble baths, do some reading (albeit for blog reviews, but still got some uninterupted reading time nonetheless), and I was even able to do some craft time (I am making ornaments for an international swap).

My husband was really great this week, giving me some "mommy time-outs". My 3 yr old daughter thought that it was hilarious when daddy told her, "Mommy is having a time out". She asked him "why - is she making bad choices?" LOL

I hope everyone has a great day, and remember you can't be everywhere, all the time for your family, if you don't take time for yourself.

God Bless

8 comments:

  1. First, let me say I am LOVING your new design and Happy Belated Thanksgiving! Bubble baths, reading and crafts, sound awesome to me! Thanks for linking and sharing your time out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet all of those little bits and pieces of time outs really helped!
    I really really like that your daughter said making bad choice rather than was she bad or something like that. I may have to borrow that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theta Mom - thanks for such kind comments:) I am feeling the love hehehe....

    Frugal Vicki - yes, I have always said there are no "bad children, just bad choices". It was something that was taught to me when training in Early Childhood Education and something that I have taught my daughters. I truly believe it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Post. Kids are funny and say the cutest things. I'm glad you got some time out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Great to hear you had multiple time-outs!
    Your daughter is just precious! And I agree with you about stating that there ar eno bad people just bad choices!

    Happy Belated Thanksgiving and Happy Time Out Thursday!

    http://www.thewannabewahm.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to see your ornaments you made. I'm trying to make crafty gifts this year for Christmas rather than buying gifts.

    So cute your daughter thought you were in a "time-out" for bad choices!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How funny - "time-out" for "bad choices". Sounds like you have an understanding husband. Glad to hear to got some time out for yourself - we all need that more often these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mommy time outs! That is so cute and a BIG good job to your husband for putting you there. Thanks for the comments and follow on my blog. : )

    God Bless,
    Alex

    ReplyDelete