Thursday, October 22, 2009

Time Out Thursday

So every Thursday, I head over to Theta Mom and post my time out for the week! If this is your first time stopping by my neck of the woods, you basically try to take an hour out of your busy week for you! And then blog about it. See details on Theta Mom's blog:)

I love this idea! And I actually strive to have at least one hour daily to give myself a "mommy timeout" LOL

This week actually was pretty good in the "having a mommy time out" On Sunday, I went over to a friends for the afternoon and we did some scrapbooking, cardmaking and just hung out. I was able to complete a few Christmas ornaments that I was making and finalize my idea for my Christmas cards. Yes, I am making my own this year. In fact there were 3 of us ladies and, as you can probably imagine, not a lot of crafting went on :)

Then yesterday after the hubby came home, I went and secluded myself for about an hour in the tub, with bubbles and my nice big mug of mango green tea and a book! It was heaven. I was quickly brought back to reality by the pounding on the door by my three year old, "Mommy I have to pee!" Yup, such is life LOL

Hope you all had a chance to have your time out this week!

15 comments:

  1. I have a friend who loves scrapbooking and she makes her own Chistmas cards, too. They always turn out great. What a great way to spend your time out! Thanks for linking up and sharing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your time-out in the tub reminded me of the children's book I haven't seen in years, "One Minute of Peace." In it the momma elephant tries to take a bubble bath to be alone and her large family keeps coming in...

    I just found you on MBC. I look forward to reading more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend your hour. Stopping by from Theta's MOms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had a good scrapbooking session in a long time. I think it's great that you're making your own cards!

    http://atticgirl.blogspot.com/2009/10/time-out-for-theta-mom-thursday_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to spend your hour! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful way to spend your time out.
    Happy Thursday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww that sounds like a great time crafting. I wish I had the ability to do crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that sounds fantastic! I must admit, even if they don't come knocking on the door, it never fails that I can hear them playing and being cute and then I want to be with them. Maybe I should turn music or something on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have made Christmas cards - it's alot of work, but so worth it. Makes me want to drag out all my card making things. Happy Theta Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome. I would love to make my own ornaments. I'm not to crafty though.
    I get the same thing & never get private time the the bathroom, even w/ 2 in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE to buy scrapbooking stuff but I never put it together. I like the idea of scrapping with friends but we might end up talking the whole time....

    Totally jealous of your bubble bath :)

    Happy timeout thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to love to scrapbook! I need to start again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. cool! you are making you own christmas cards! that is awesome! I hope you share on your blog! I would love to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love scrapbooking! Unfortunately, I haven't had time to do it lately. When the Rag Shop's closed out my me, I went to town with supplies. Glad to hear you had time out for yourself!

    ReplyDelete