Monday, November 2, 2009

Habitwise - A Review

I have struggled with weight gain/loss for a number of years and I am always looking for products to help me get rid of unwanted pounds or have a healthier lifestyle.

I recently came across Habitwise and it has changed the way I do food forever!!! Thank you to Habitwise for sending me a complimentary set of GetLoss for the purpose of review.

About Habitwise:

Habitwise™ fundamentally changes the way people adjust their behaviors and form new habits. With the use of habit development systems - we help individuals, families and communities generate good health through the power of healthy habits. Helping you make better decisions today for a healthier tomorrow.

Whether you are faced with the challenge of weight loss, improving nutrition, or simply finding structure for your daily choices, Habitwise will prove that small changes can inspire you to achieve big goals.

Habitwise™ began with a simple weight loss tool originally named, A-Wrist-A-Trac, which was discovered by a team of clinicians at the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) in Omaha, Nebraska.

A small group of professional women saw the potential of A-Wrist-A-Trac and were inspired by the low-tech innovation that could be used to remedy challenges in their own lives- especially the challenge between knowing and doing when it comes to living a healthier life.

Lunch meetings, baseball games, conference calls, or dance lessons are all distractions that keep us from doing what we know is best. The women found that simple bracelets served as friendly reminders and empowered them to accomplish many goals, thus paving the journey for Habitwise.

The technology was licensed from the University in cooperation with UNMC's technology transfer division, UNeMed Corporation, and now the women have ignited their entrepreneurial spirit and are out changing lives!


Habitwise Products:

Habitwise has products for men, women, and children for use in such areas as weight management, water intake, disease management and more.

1. GetLoss for Women

get LOSS™ is a tool designed by medical professionals to help you develop the habits necessary to achieve healthy weight loss. Use the guide and bracelet collection to track food groups, calories, points and other nutritional measurements, based on the habit plan you choose to follow. get LOSS™ is fashionable, fun and easily tailors to your lifestyle.
Tracks: Food groups, points, calories and goals

Color selection: WARM or COOL

Directions for Use: Self-care begins each morning by placing your bracelet collection on one wrist. Throughout the day, simply shift the appropriate color and quantity of bracelets to your other wrist with each meal and snack. One wrist shows goals for the day; the other tracks accomplishments.

2. Get Loss For Men

get LOSS™ is a tool designed by medical professionals to help you develop the habits necessary to achieve healthy weight loss. Use the guide and token collection to track food groups, calories, points and other nutritional measurements, based on the habit plan you choose to follow. get LOSS™ is discreet, effective and easily tailors to your lifestyle.

Tracks: Food groups, points, calories and goals

Directions for Use: Self-care begins each morning by placing your token collection in one pocket. Throughout the day, simply shift the appropriate color and quantity of tokens to your other pocket with each meal and snack. One pocket holds goals for the day; the other holds accomplishments.

3. Get Tracking For Kids

get TRACKING™ is a tool designed by medical professionals to help kids develop healthy eating and physical activity habits. Use the guide and wristband collection to track food groups, servings and exercise. get TRACKING™ is fun, educational and easy to use.

Tracks: Food groups, servings, exercise and goals

Directions for Use: Self-care begins each morning by placing your wristband collection on one wrist. Throughout the day, simply shift the appropriate color and quantity of wristbands to your other wrist with each meal, snack and activity. One wrist shows goals for the day; the other tracks accomplishments.

Standard size is approximately 6.5 inches in circumference. Larger sizes available upon request. Contact us for details and availability.

4. GetWet For Women

get WET™ is a tool to help you develop the habits necessary to increase water intake. Use the guide and bracelet collection to track your daily glasses, ounces or the USDA’s Total Water Adequate Intake. get WET™ is fashionable, fun and easily tailors to your lifestyle.
Tracks: Glasses, ounces, recommended intake and goals

Directions for Use: Self-care begins each morning by placing your bracelet collection on one wrist. With every serving throughout the day, simply shift the appropriate quantity of bracelets to your other wrist. One wrist shows goals for the day; the other tracks accomplishments.

5. GetWet for Men

get WET™ is a tool to help you develop the habits necessary to increase water intake. Use the guide and token collection to track your daily glasses, ounces or the USDA’s Total Water Adequate Intake. get WET™ is discreet, effective and easily tailors to your lifestyle.
Tracks: Glasses, ounces, recommended intake and goals

Directions for Use: Self-care begins each morning by placing your token collection in one pocket. With every serving throughout the day, simply shift the appropriate quantity of tokens to your other pocket. One pocket holds goals for the day; the other holds accomplishments.

Habitwise also offers a great fundraising program that

My Review:


There are not too many products out there today that I can say have actually changed my life. Habitwise is one that has!!! I love it!

When I first received the GetLoss system I was very intrigued at how the product worked. I read the booklet that comes with the bracelets (I received the cool set- pastel colors) and found that I could go through my day switching bracelets, in order to keep track of what I was eating. I could either follow food groups (each braclet color represented a food group) or I could count calories (1 braclet = 50 calories so, therefore 30 = 1500 calories).

I chose the food group method, as I wanted to see where I was eating too much or too little. I was amazed to realize that I eat way too much grains and not near enough fruits and veggies. I knew about the grains, as I so love my carbs. I blame that on being part Italian:) But I had no idea that I was not eating enough fruit and veggies. I also had no idea I was so not drinking enough water.

Once I started using the bracelets I realized throughout the day what I had eaten and still needed to. Great way to remind myself! Also, using the bracelets was a great way to curb my evening snacking. Once the bracelets were gone, I did not eat anymore. Instead I would have a glass of water or extra veggies like carrots or celery.

Now that I have been using Habitwise GetLoss for about a month, I am happy to say that I have lost about 6lbs! I have more energy and I am so much more aware of what I am eating throughout the day.

My only complaint is that the bracelets break very easy. I have a 15 month old who loves to pull on bracelets/necklaces. She managed to pull two of the bracelets (water ones) and they did break, sending tiny beads everywhere. A choking hazard with anyone who has little people around the house:( Other than that, I really did, and still do, enjoy the bracelets and the concept behind Habitwise and GetLoss. I look forward to seeing what Habitwise will come out with in the future!

Buy It!: Head on over to Habitwise and you can buy any of the above products in the online shop.

Win It: One lucky reader will win their choice of Habitwise program!

To Enter: Tell me which Habitwise program you would love to try. (mandatory for giveaway)

Extra Entries:

1. Head over to Habitwise and tell one of the 2 products coming soon

2. Follow this blog

3. Grab my button

4. Subscribe to A Mom After God's Own Heart

5. Follow me on Twitter

6. Become a fan of A Mom After God's Own Heart on Facebook

Open to U.S. and Canadian residents only. Giveaway ends November 15/09

Good luck:)

24 comments:

  1. I would love to try the getLoss program (the Warm colors set)

    ReplyDelete
  2. New product at Habitwise - getComfort

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love this!! I like ALL of them. If I had to choose just one right now I'd choose the GetLoss for Men. Hard to choose though...they all look fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to try the Get Wet for women
    gerrie.shaeffer@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow with google friends
    gerrie.shaeffer@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. email subscriber
    gerrie.shaeffer@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I follow on twitter @shaeffermom
    gerrie.shaeffer@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. facebook fan
    gerrie.shaeffer@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to try the GetLoss for Women Program.

    thank you,

    Christine
    womackcm@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. I follow your blog.

    Thank you,

    Christine
    womackcm@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. I subscribe to A Mom After God's Own Heart.

    Thank you,

    Christine
    womackcm@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. I follow you on Twitter.

    Thank you,

    Christine
    womackcm@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a fan of A Mom After God's Own Heart on Facebook.

    Thank you,

    Christine
    womackcm@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would like to try the "GetLoss for Women"

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

    ReplyDelete
  15. Follower

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

    ReplyDelete
  16. email subscriber

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

    ReplyDelete
  17. Facebook Fan

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would LOVE to try Habitwise Get Loss! I do a great job of drinking water, but boy am I struggling with eating correctly!

    Thanks for the chance!

    kalea_kane(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am a follower of your blog. :)

    kalea_kane(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have your button on my left side bar.

    http://enroutetolife.blogspot.com/

    Oh and I should have said Get Loss for women. :)

    thanks


    kalea_kane(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I follow you on Twitter. :)

    @kellyblackwell

    kalea_kane(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am an email subscriber. :)

    kalea_kane(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm really enjoying the theme/design of your site. Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility issues? A handful of my blog visitors have complained about my site not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Chrome. Do you have any suggestions to help fix this issue?

    Also visit my homepage; taxi service

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm really enjoying the theme/design of your site. Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility issues? A handful of my blog visitors have complained about my site not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Chrome. Do you have any suggestions to help fix this issue?

    Also visit my blog post - taxi service
    Also see my page > irving cab company

    ReplyDelete