Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

I just wanted to wish all my American readers a very Happy Thanksgiving. Being from Canada, I celebrated Thanksgiving in October, but I am remembering today all the things I have to be thankful for.

1. My freedom - I am thankful everyday to be able to live in Canada, where I have freedom because of the brave soldiers, men & women who fight everyday to keep Canada the "True North, Strong and Free"

2. My God - I am thankful for my faith in God and the forgiveness given to me. Thank you Lord for sending your son Jesus, so that one day I can live in eternity with You.

3. My Family - though we are all different in our personalities and that makes for some issues, I know we love each other greatly. We have been through alot in this last year with the death of my little sister, yet we are getting through the grief together. I love you all.

4. My Friends - thank you for putting up with me and loving me and making me who I am. I love being able to be myself around you without the fear of being rejected

5. My Children - my girls are my gifts from God. I did not think I would ever have children, let alone 2 of them. They are my little miracles. Everyday I have with them is a gift from God and I stand amazed at just how much they have changed in the last year. Both are growing so fast, but I am so thankful that I can be home with them and relish in them!

6. My Husband - I am so thankful that 12 years ago we took our vows to become husband and wife and have never looked back. Though we have had a number of "crisis" through the years, we have stood by one another and love each other more and more every day!

7. Being a Stay At Home Mom - Though somedays drive me crazy I love being at home. I can't imagine going out and working, not seeing my two girls all day. I am so grateful that I am able to provide a loving home for my girls to thrive and become the girls they are meant to be. One day they will be all grown and on their own, but I will have wonderful memories of the time I spent at home with them.

8. My Church Family - I am thankful for the church that I attend and all the people that I have met and become friends with there. Every weeek the pastor challenges me to live my life for God in everything I do! I am not perfect, nor is my church family, but we love one another and urge one another on in our love for Christ

9. My Health - I am once again so thankful that I am living cancer free after 4 years! Never in a million years did I think I would have cancer at 32 years of age! But I did and got through successful surgery to treat it! I am also thankful that although I had a high risk pregnancy with my second child last year, that both her and I came through it fine!

10. My Blogging Family - I am thankful for all of you who come and read my blog, leave comments and enter the giveaways I offer. I am thankful for all the companies that have had me do reviews so far this year and cannot wait to see what is on the horizon for the next year on my blog:)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Just popped in from MBC - Nice to meet you, I'm in Alberta also.

    That is a great list to be thankful for. I love this day to celebrate all that we have to be thankful for, but even more, I love to wake up in the morning with a grateful heart each and every day.

    Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Heather....where in Alberta do you live?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lethbridge - How about yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coaldale LOL....just moved here from Lethbridge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL - That's wayy too funny! Small world isn't it? My sister lives in Coaldale. :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete