Thursday, November 12, 2009

Time Out Thursday



I love writing my Time Out Thursday entry and this week is no exception. Check out my time out and then head over to Theta Mom to join the fun!

As I have previously written, I try to daily take time for myself. I find this very therapeutic and it just helps me to stay focused and grounded. It helps that I have a husband who supports this and is happy to give me that time.

Well, my big time out was going away for an entire weekend by MYSELF! No cooking, cleaning, etc to do. I went on a scrapbooking retreat with 2 friends and made some great new friends in the process.

I was able to complete 52 Christmas Cards and also a few layouts that I am going to use for wall hangings (framing them or mounting them somehow). I also completed a Christmas Countdown calendar. So my weekend was very productive. In two weeks I am heading to a 8 hour workshop to make 50 Christmas Cards and then my cards will be ready to send! I was very excited to have this creative time this past week.

Also, Sunday was my 12th wedding anniversary and we celebrated "in home". We had our weekly date night at home after the kids went to bed. Made some popcorn, talked about where we have been through the last 12 years, and some goals for the future and how blessed we have been, and continue to be, by God. Then we watched a movie and called it a night.

Nothing spectacular, but definitely the time together that we needed. A weekly date night is something that was suggested to us in our pre-marital counselling and we try to make work most weeks. Although, because life happens we don't always do date night and boy do we miss it when we don't.

Anyway, I hope you all have had a wonderful week thus far, and God bless:)

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! That's wonderful. And I am so glad you had an awesome time on your scrapbooking retreat as well! Would love to see the finished product of your Christmas Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I want to be you when I grow up! Seriously!

    Happy Anniversary! You seem to have a healthy, happy marriage after 12 years and I am sure that a weekly date night helps!

    A scrapbooking retreat? How awesome is that?! I'm with Theta Mom, I would love to see your Christmas cards!

    http://www.thewannabewahm.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Photos of the cards will come soon, I promise:)

    My camera is being goofy right now, but hope to upload soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! 52 cards, really? Yes, I do the easy way and get picture cards done. I don't even have to write anything, though I think this year will be our first for an annual letter!

    ReplyDelete