This past Sunday, November 8, my husband and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary, so today my top 10 list is going to be my Top 10 Memories of the past 12 years.
1. The Day I found out (we found out) we were expecting our first child after trying for 4.5 years
2. Our wedding day - still to this day I remember every minute of it! The best day of my life
3. The day Makayla was born - yes it was terrifying to deliver at only 29w6d but it was also the most exciting day as we met our little girl and she was so healthy!
4. Finding out we were pregnant again when Makayla was only 15 mth old! Scary, but so exciting when we welcomed Isabella to the family when Makayla was 21 months old.
5. The source of strength my husband was when I was diagnosed with cancer in 2005! Terrible circumstances but yet our marriage not only survived that crisis, but thrived in spite of it. From July 2005 - July 2008 I not only beat cancer, but was blessed with becoming a mom twice! God has been the source of our constant blessings and strength when we needed it.
6. living in three different Canadian provinces - Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Alberta. We have moved 12 times in 12 years....crazy....however we are now settled in small town Southern Alberta and love it!
7. Going on a Caribbean cruise in 2002 with my entire immediate family (in total 11 of us went)
8. Being able to celebrate my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary! What a testament to a strong marriage. You certainly do not see 50 years as much anymore, given the national divorce rate
9. Doing Christian Marriage workshops like Love & Respect and The Love Dare. Both of these workshops/movies came at very critical points in our marriage and have helped shape our marriage.
10. Staying up one night ALL NIGHT to work through a crisis. When we got married we said we would never go to be anger, and would stay up all night if need be. We have done that twice in 12 years. To me, its a reminder of our committment, and the strength of not only our marriage, but our communication skills. For me, I believe that is one of our strongest parts of our marriage. We talk! and even though we do not always agree, we still talk through everything:)