Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Time is Here!!!

Here is a Christmas Meme I have seen kicking around the blogosphere the last few days, and after reading Theta Mom's post using this meme, I have decided to join!

1. Have you started your Christmas shopping? Yep, and actually only like 5 gifts left to get.

2. Tell me about one of your special traditions. Going to church on Christmas Eve with my family, then reading the Christmas Story from the Bible (book of Luke).


3. When do you put up your Tree? Usually December 1st, but its been up since just before American Thanksgiving

4. Are you a Black Friday shopper? Not in Canada.....we have Boxing Day for that!

5. Do you travel at Christmas or stay home? Depends on the year. My family lives in Manitoba, and my husbands family, and us, live here in Southern Alberta.  We try to swap years with each family

6. What is your funniest Christmas memory? When my dad dressed up as Santa, and stood outside the bedroom window where my siblings and I (and cousins I believe) were playing Sega....He knocked on the window and we all screamed:)

7. What is your favorite Christmas movie of all time? White Christmas, hands down.


8. Do you do your own Christmas baking, what’s your favorite treat? Some of my own baking yes. Rum balls, and homemade eggnog are my faves.

9. Fake or Real Tree? Fake!

10. What day (as a mom) does the actual panic set in to get it all done? Christmas morning:)

11. Are you still wrapping presents on Christmas Eve? not usually

12. What is your favorite family fun time at Christmas? being together

13. What Christmas craft do you like the best? doing photo calendars and making my cards

14. Christmas music? (Yes or No) If yes, what is your favorite song? Absolutely!!! Fave CD is Amy Grant's A Christmas Album and Casting Crowns Peace on Earth.

15. When do you plan to finish all of your shopping?  Probably in the next week or so....have to ship stuff to Manitoba

I am supposed to tag 5 fellow bloggers, but there are so many more than 5 I would tag, so here goes: just copy and paste and leave me your link in the comments so I can check out what your Christmas thoughts are!!!

Merry Christmas All!

Shirley:)

2 comments:

  1. Wow.. Sounds like a fun meme..I guess I'll link to you later in this week. Till then, here is an award to start of December
    Please accept it at http://themomwrites.blogspot.com/2009/12/another-awardanother-guest-post.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you did the meme - I love to read everyone else's answers! I love your wintery blog design, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete