Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Great Christmas Read!


So I just finished posting reviews for Melody Carlson's book, The Christmas Dog and Dan Walsh's The Unfinished Gift. Both of these are wonderful books that any book lover would love to read throughout the Christmas season!!!

Both of these books are published by Revell Books/Baker Books and there is another wonderful book that is published by them, and perfect for this time of year! It is called, Finding Christmas by James Calvin Schapp.

About The Book:

A gift. The baby. The pageant. The parties. The worship. The afterglow. The story. These are the elements of almost every Christmas. In Finding Christmas, award-winning author James Calvin Schaap takes a look at each of these elements through seven stories that show how imperfect people can find joy and grace in an imperfect world. His eyes turn on an outgoing bus driver, a passionate mother, a daughter reluctant to return to church, and even his own assumed-mediocre performance at a Christmas pageant. Along the way, readers see how the amazing message of Christmas can be found in the oddest of places. This heartwarming read is both moving and magical and will help readers usher in a joyful Christmas season even amidst the howling winds of winter.

Read an excerpt of Finding Christmas here in PDF file format.

About The Author:

James Calvin Schaap, a professor of English at Dordt College and president of the Chrysostom Society, is the award-winning author of twenty-two books. He lives in Sioux Center, Iowa.

Buy It: Finding Christmas by James Calvin Schaap can be purchased directly from Revell Books here. It can also be purchased from Amazon.ca and Amazon.com

***I have not yet read this book, however will be soon and I will be posting a review once I have read it***

1 comment:

  1. These books sound really interesting.
    I am gonna forego reading Christmas books this year.
    I can't believe I just said that.
    I Love reading `seasonal` books.
    I have so many books I am trying to read right now, and none are Christmas books.
    I think I would esp. Love `The Christmas Dog`.
    BTW, you have some awesome giveaways listed. I believe I'm gonna try to win some.

    ReplyDelete