Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Truth by Barbara Holstein Blog Tour



About The Author:

Dr. Barbara Becker Holstein is the originator of The Enchanted Self(R). She has been a positive psychologist in private practice and licensed in the states of New Jersey and Massachusetts since 1981. She is currently in private practice in Long Branch, New Jersey with her husband, Dr. Russell M. Holstein.
She is the author of The Enchanted Self, A Positive Therapy, Recipes for Enchantment, The Secret Ingredient is YOU! and There Comes A Time In Every Woman’s Life for DELIGHT.
Her newest book, The Truth, I’m Ten, I’m Smart and I Know Everything! is another first in positive psychology. Written by a ten-year-old girl as a diary, Dr. Barbara has been able to imbed lots of positive truths that we all need to remember and live by, regardless of our age.

About The Book:

THE TRUTH, (I’m a girl, I’m smart and I know everything) is a delightful, humorous secret diary, written by a girl who is 10-11 years of age. She is wise and yet so innocent. She makes us laugh and cry and know that we are secretly heroines. This easy read for girls, (the mother’s edition has a different introduction, different questions at the end, and some pages that are slightly more sophisticated) has within it a psychological message for girls, that they can and must hold on to the best of themselves as they grow up. Girls love the book and so do their mothers. Girls recognize themselves and finally feel totally understood while their moms remember themselves, feel closer to their daughters and everyone has lots to talk about.

 My Review:

The Truth (I'm a girl, I'm smart & I know everything) by Dr. Barbara Holstein is a very easy to read, fun book that brings the reader into the mind of a "Tween" (9-12 years old). Many of the issues the writer of the diary touches on are all issues that many girls this age deal with. It was a very refreshing look into the thought process of young girls. This book is a perfect read for those girls who don't necessarily want to ask the "tough questions about growing up" and yet want to learn how to cope with all the changes that will occur between the ages of nine and 12 years of age.

I highly recommend this book to parents, and teachers or youth workers of pre-teen girls. I think this book would make a great Christmas gift for the young girls in your life.


BUY IT: Head over to Amazon.ca and Amazon.com to order your copy of The Truth by Barbara Holstein



The girl’s edition, titled: The Truth, (I’m a girl, I’m smart and I know everything) debuted February 2008 in bookstores nationwide. You can get your copy now at www.enchantedself.com.

****Thank you to Pump Up Your Book and Dr. Barbara Holstein for sending me a complimentary copy of this book for the purpose of participating in a blog tour and book review****


2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your review. I appreciate the sincerity of your written words and indeed you capture what I tried to do in this book! Dr. Barbara Becker Holstein

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the wonderful review of Barbara's book. If your readers head over to her website they'll find a video trailer for this book on the homepage.

    Merry Christmas to you and your readers.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete