Thursday, January 28, 2010

Time Out Thursday



Well I am so glad that Theta Mom is having Time Out Thursday again. I actually don't mind the monthly post versus weekly, as it really makes me think about whether I have taken time out for me! Thanks Theta Mom!

Well during the last month, life has been nutty. Of course, the Christmas holidays have come and gone and we are in a new year. And so far, alot has gone on. I have joined several reading challenges, the Eat From Your Pantry Challenge, and done a ton of book reviews!!! But the biggest change for me was finding out I have Type 2 Diabetes, diet controlled. So needless to say in the last few days since being diagnosed I have been a bit stressed about making sure I eat the right things, get my sugars low and keep them low, and all the fun stuff that comes from a medical diagnosis.

However throughout all the craziness of life, I still managed to take time for me. One "resolution" that I had made for myself was to exercise more regularly. Well just after Christmas, we picked up the Wii Fit Plus and I LOVE IT!!!!! I have taken one hour EVERYDAY to do the body test and workout!!! Ladies, you have no idea what that means!!! I have never been one to workout, much less do it for an hour everyday. I usually do it in the morning while everyone is sleeping and it just helps to get my day jumpstarted. A second thing I have been doing to give myself some "me time" is to attend my church's Ladies Bible Study on Wednesday evenings. It just started last week but I know this is going to be a great DVD Series. We are studying Phyllis Shierer's ONE in a Million, a  study of the wilderness journey in Exodus.

How have you been taking time for you? Join in Time Out for Theta Mom Thursdays and see how other women are giving themselves a "time out!"

3 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about that Wii fit! Good for you girl! Thanks for shaing and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I am out of the loop because everyone I know has gotten the wii fit and I am so jealous! That is awesome you getting to work out. I have started a little workout and watching what I eat.

    So sorry about the diagnosis of diabetes but it looks like you have a handle on it..


    LOVE LOVE LOVE your new look... crisp and clean and warm..mine is still being worked on.. so hopefully by next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, that sounds great! We have the wii, and I have been considering the wii fit. I really need to get going and do it! Visiting and following through Theta Mom!

    ReplyDelete