Thursday, February 4, 2010

Angels: A Book Review

About The Book:

People have long been fascinated by stories of angel sightings, yet many contemporary beliefs about angels are based on misconception and myth rather than solide, biblical truth.

As he's done so brilliantly for decades, respected Bible teacher Dr. David Jeremiah uses Scripture to unveil the remarkable truth about these agents of heaven and their role in our world and our lives.


What are angels? What is their role in God's plan? Are they present? Do they appear? Do they give us personal insight about our work and our worship?


In this broad and thorough survey of Scripture, Dr. Jeremiah clearly and simply separates fact from fiction as it relates to angels. His enlightening findings are supported with illustrations and insights from prominent teachers, such as Billy Graham, Corrie ten Boom, C. S. Lewis, and more.


Dr. Jeremiah's down-to-earth style guides readers around the hype about angels and directly into the "substance of things unseen!"


You can read an excerpt of Angels here.

About The Author:

Bible teacher Dr. David Jeremiah is the senior pastor of Shadow Mountain Community Church in San Diego, and founder of Turning Point Radio and TV Ministries. His radio program is carried on more than 2,500 stations worldwide, while the TV broadcast is received by 500 million homes via cable and satellite. The recipient of numerous prestigious awards for broadcast excellence, Dr. Jeremiah's many books have garnered Gold Medallion awards and achieved bestseller status with The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and The New York Times. 

My Review:

Dr. David Jeremiah takes on a very popular topic within the New Age Spirituality movement, and when I first had the opportunity to review Angels, I have to admit I was very nervous. I was not really all that sure what else could be said about the subject of angels that has not been said before.

I was very pleasantly surprised. Jeremiah tackles the subject with a great depth and allows the reader to really dig deep as he explains just what angels are and what they are not. The one thing that struck me the most is his warning to believers to not make it practice to worship angels. Our worship is for God and God alone.

He uses scripture extensively to back up all his points, for which I am very happy to see. If you have ever had questions regarding the validity of angels, you must read this book. It will definitely help build your understanding of how the Bible describes angels and their role in our Christian life. This book is a quick and very easy read, and will definitely be a book I will hang on to for reference purposes for years to come.

BUY IT: You can purchase Angels by Dr. David Jeremiah from your favorite Christian bookseller. It is also available directly from Waterbrook Multnomah


WIN IT: One Reader will win their own copy of Angels by Dr. David Jeremiah


TO ENTER: Let me know why you want to win this book


EXTRA ENTRIES:


1. Follow this blog


2. Grab My Button


3. Subscribe via email


4. Follow me on Twitter


GIVEAWAY OPEN TO U.S. AND CANADA RESIDENTS ONLY


GIVEAWAY ENDS FEBRUARY 21, 2010


GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

***Thank you to WaterBrook Multnomah for sending me a complimentary copy of this book for the purpose of review****

21 comments:

  1. I'd love to win this book to read more about angels. I've always been fascinated by them!
    wandanamgreb(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a follower of your blog.
    wandanamgreb(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I subscribe via email.
    wandanamgreb(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading about Angels and this books interests me. Thanks for the chance.

    dorcontest at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow on google friend....dor

    dorcontest at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I subscribe by email.

    dorcontest at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to read this book. I have always been fascinated with angels, and also love any books I have read by David Jeremiah. This sounds like a great book!

    Please add my name for this draw. Thanks

    alongtheway at telus dot net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Google follower

    alongtheway at telus dot net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Email subscriber

    alongtheway at telus dot net

    ReplyDelete
  10. i would enjoy reading this book...thanks for the opportunity

    karenk
    kmkuka(at)yahoo(Dot)Com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm a subscriber ;)

    karenk
    kmkuka(at)yahoo(dot)Com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to win this book because I truly believe in angels. When the Murrah Building was bombed in Oklahoma City, I had friends who were there on I-40 and actually saw angels going up into the sky after the bombing itself. In the old Myriad Center, some of the artists that were going to participate in the art festival that was going to be held that week downtown, painted pictures of angels that represented all who died that day, including the babies and toddlers. I would love to read more about angels.

    Thank you,

    Christine
    womackcm@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. I follow this blog.

    thank you,

    Christine
    womackcm@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. I subscribe via email.

    Thank you,

    Christine
    womackcm@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. I follow you on Twitter.

    Thank you,

    Christine
    womackcm@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would like to win this book because I would like to learn more about angels. Please enter me. Thanks!

    ayancey(at)dishmail(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  17. I follow through Google Friend Connect.

    ayancey(at)dishmail(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  18. I subscribe via email.

    ayancey(at)dishmail(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have always been fascinated with angels and would love to read this.

    misusedinnocence@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would like to win this book to learn more about angels.

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

    ReplyDelete