Monday, February 15, 2010

Swinging On A Star: A Book Review

About The Book:


Bella Rossi's life is nearing perfection. Not only does she have the perfect guy, but she's also running a successful wedding-planning business and is about to plan its most ambitious wedding yet--a Renaissance-themed fairy tale come true, complete with period costumes and foods, horse-drawn carriages, and even a castle. There's only one hitch. The best man just happens to be Hollywood's hottest and most eligible bachelor, and he's showing an interest in Bella. Oh, and did we mention he's staying at her house to avoid the paparazzi?

With all the pressure surrounding this wedding, Bella's not sure she's going to make it through. Add her starstruck sister and her feuding aunt and uncle, and you've got a recipe for disaster--and a lot of laughs.

About The Author:
Janice Thompson is a seasoned romance author and native Texan. An experienced wedding coordinator herself, Thompson brings alive in her books the everyday drama and humor of getting married. She is the author of Fools Rush In and Swinging on a Star. She lives in Texas.

You can read an excerpt of Swinging On A Star here in PDF format

My Review:

This book is the first that I have read by this author, and I am so going to read the first book in this series, Fools Rush In, as soon as I can. When I first agreed to read and review this book, I forgot that it was the second book in the Weddings by Bella series, but that was not an issue. Usually with sequels, if you have not read the first book, you can be pretty confused when reading subsequent books in a series. Not with this one!

This book was fantastic. It was full of humor, well written and very easy to read. I read it in about a day! The characters are all very well developed and the storylines were "real". When I say that, I mean that the situations described in the are all ones that could happen outside the premise of a novel.

I love that the author also does a great job of incorporating the importance of a relationship with God and how that relationship will change your life for the better. Does not mean we will have an easy life, but it will be a great life regardless of the highs and lows we travel! God loves us and wants the ultimate for us!

I could totally see Swinging On A Star done as a movie. I can't wait to read the next book in this series and I highly recommend this book!

BUY IT: You can purchase Swinging on a Star online through Revell Books, as well as through your local Christian Bookseller.

***Thank you to Revell Books, A Division of Baker Publishing Group, for providing me with a complimentary copy of this book for the purpose of review on this blog***

1 comment:

  1. Aw, sweet! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. And I'm glad you didn't feel lost, since you didn't get to read the first book in the series. The first and third books are more about Bella and D.J., but trust me when I say that those family members (and the Splendora sisters) are in there. I can't wait to see what you think about the "sisters" in the final book. So much fun! Thanks so much for the lovely review!

    ReplyDelete