Friday, February 5, 2010

Then Sings My Soul Saturday

 

So I just found this great blog meme to join and love it! 
Here are the basics:

Just write a post on your blog about a song. It can be a song that has spoken to your heart during a difficult time... a song that brings back a special memory... a song that makes you want to sing along to the top of your lungs... a song that makes you glad... a song that makes you want to dance... a song that has inspired you... a song that makes you feel like the words were written just for you... a song that makes your soul sing.  

You can see the rest of the details here on Signs, Miracles and Wonders

So here is a song that has always made my heart smile, and encouraged me in my walk with Jesus!


   
Lyrics:

I'm casting my cares aside
I'm leaving my past behind
I'm setting my heart and mind on You Jesus
I'm reaching my hand to Yours
Believing there's so much more
Knowing that all You have in store for me is good

Today is the day You have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
Today is the day You have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
I won't worry about tomorrow
I'm trusting in what You say
Today is the day

I'm putting my fears aside
I'm leaving my doubts behind
I'm giving my hopes and dreams to You Jesus
I'm reaching my hands to Yours
Believing there's so much more
Knowing that all You have in store for me is good

Today is the day You have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
Today is the day You have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
I won't worry about tomorrow
I'm giving You my fears and sorrows
Where you lead me I will follow
I'm trusting in what You say
Today is the day

I will stand upon your truth
All my days I'll live for You
I will stand upon your truth
All my days I'll live for You
All my days I'll live

Lincoln Brewster and Paul Baloche © 2008 Integrity's Praise! Music/BMI, Integrity's Hosanna! Music/ASCAP and LeadWorship Songs (adm by Integrity's Hosanna! Music)/ASCAP 

5 comments:

  1. Being a 33 yr. old mom of 2, married for 13 years, I should probably act a little older than I do.

    But..

    I work with the youth in my church and so I have had the pleasure of acting like a teen in my 30's on occasion. One such time was when we saw Lincoln Brewster in concert and when he performed this song we all jumped and laughed and sang at the top of our lungs.

    Thanks for taking me back to that day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great praise music, thank you ~ Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a great kick off to my all nighter that I am getting ready to pull.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments you all! I love this song! It is so energizing and especially on the rough days, it is so encouraging!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this song... would be too loud for me to hear live, but on the radio or IPod, it's just fine!

    ReplyDelete