Thursday, February 11, 2010

Voices of our Children: A Book Review

About The Book:


The book contains almost thirty real stories about the musical education of children. It conveys excellent guidelines and support for parents, grandparents and inexperienced teachers. 

These stories:
1. Help better to understand what our children think, and most importantly, feel.
2. They will help to avoid the numerous mistakes and problems those people encountered on their journey.
3. The book will show all benefits of musical education for children and will teach parents how to educate, develop and maintain the child's interest in music practice.

About The Author:

Tatiana Bandurina is an educator, an inventor and an author of the book Voices of our children. For more than twenty years she worked in several children's musical academies and schools as a teacher and a principal. Tatiana is now a chief of Quintecco Educational Products, Inc. She develops new trend in education - Music Education for Parents.
My Review:

I love music, and for as long as I can remember, I have loved it. In the 10+ years that I have worked in the field of Early Childhood Education, I have always made a point of teaching music to the children in my care. I do not profess to be a good singer, but that is not the point. Young children do not care whether you are singing in key. It is exposing them to music of all kinds that is ultimately the goal. As a result, many of the children I have worked with have been exposed to many kinds of music, from fun children's music like "Mr. Sun" to classical pieces such as, "The Carnival of the Animals" and "The Nutcracker". In fact, I designed an entire Pre-K program around these two pieces of classical music about 7 years ago and continue to use it with my own children now!

Tatiana Bandurina does a fantastic job of relying the importance of music education for today's children. She encourages parents in a friendly manner to really think about the importance of music in the lives of their children, and how beneficial it can be. Some of the topics discussed in the book include:

1. The Benefits of music education
2. How to choose your child's first music teacher
3. How to help your child with their music education
4. Can an adult learn to play a musical instrument
    and many more topics!

My daughter is only three and already recognizes the classical pieces I mentioned above, at least parts of it. I watch her when I play music at home and in the car, and she loves to sing and dance. She has also been exposed to the different instruments in an orchestra thanks to Peter and The Wolf!  I am hoping in the next year or so to find a great music program to enroll her into, so that I can introduce her to piano or another instrument that is age appropriate. Until then I am going to continue to expose her to great music and teach her as much as I can at home!

If you are interested in music education for children, then this book will help you understand the great importance that is needed! Thank you to the author for a wonderful, easy to read, book! I highly recommend it!

BUY IT: Voices of our Children can be purchased through Amazon.com (Kindle edition), as well as through Abe Books.

***Thank you to the author, Tatiana Bandurina for sending me a complimentary copy of the book for the purpose of review on this blog****

No comments:

Post a Comment