Sunday, March 21, 2010

Still Midnight: Book Review

About The Book:

Alex Morrow is not new to the police force-or to crime-but there is nothing familiar about the call she has just received. On a still night in a quiet suburb of Glasgow, Scotland, three armed men have slipped from a van into a house, demanding a man who is not, and has never been, inside the front door. In the confusion that ensues, one family member is shot and another kidnapped, the assailants demanding an impossible ransom. Is this the amateur crime gone horribly wrong that it seems, or something much more unexpected?

As Alex falls further into the most challenging case of her career, Denise Mina proves why "if you don't read crime novels, Mina is your reason to change" (Rocky Mountain
News).





About The Author:


Denise Mina is the author of Slip of the Knife, The Dead Hour, Field of Blood, Deception, and the Garnethill trilogy, the first installment of which won her the John Creasey Memorial Prize for best first crime novel. She lives in Glasgow.

My Review:

This is the first Denise Mina novel I have read and I was not disappointed! I loved the fast paced action, the well developed characters, and found it very easy to read!  The characters are believe, as are the plot lines. If you like suspense, mystery type books you will definitely like the unique spin on a detective story that Mina has in Still Midnight. I am going to be reading Denise Mina's newest book, Slip of the Knife, in April and I cannot wait to tell you about that one too! I highly recommend this book and give it a thumbs up!

BUY IT: You can purchase Still Midnight by Denise Mina at your favorite local bookseller. It is also available online through Amazon.ca and Amazon.com


WIN IT: Five (5) readers will win a copy of Still Midnight by Denise Mina


TO ENTER: Head over to Hachette Book Group, take a look around and tell me what book would be on your list to read next!


EXTRA ENTRIES:


1. Follow this blog


2. Grab my button


3. Subscribe via email


4. Follow me on Twitter


GIVEAWAY OPEN TO U.S. AND CANADIAN RESIDENTS ONLY (NO P.O. BOXES PLEASE)


GIVEAWAY ENDS APRIL 10, 2010


GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

***Thank you to Hachette Book Group for providing me with a complimentary preview copy of this book for the purpose of review on this blog***

36 comments:

  1. I follow by google reader.

    cenya2 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow by google reader.

    cenya2 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to read 7th Heaven by
    James Patterson.

    cenya2 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am an e-mail subscriber. saubleb(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this great giveaway. I would enjoy reading Mr. Rosenblum Dreams in English. saubleb(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm a subscriber :)

    karenk
    kmkuka at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm interested in 'denise's daily dozen'

    karenk
    kmkuka at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have your button on my site: jamellacreations.com/babyblog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Following via google friend connect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Following you on Twitter @LennahDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd like to read A GOOD TALK by Daniel Menaker.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I subscribe by email.
    dphumphrey@ sympatico.ca

    ReplyDelete
  13. I follow via google friend connect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I find the book Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter intriguing. With all the Twilight commotion, I have become more interested in vampire folklore.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would like to read True Compass by Senator Edward M. Kennedy.

    Thank you,

    Christine
    womackcm@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. I follow you on Twitter.

    Thank you,

    Christine
    womackcm@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. I subscribe via email.

    Thank you,

    Christine
    womackcm@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. I follow your blog.

    Thank you,

    Christine
    womackcm@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  19. I visited Hatchette and would like to read The Shack

    ssummmer(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I follow you on twitter. twitter name: fokxxy

    ssummmer(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I follow your blog.

    ssummmer(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I follow your blog.

    misusedinnocence@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would love to read True Compass. :)

    misusedinnocence@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I subscribe via email.
    wandanamgreb(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am a follower of your blog.
    wandanamgreb(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another book I'd love to read from Hachette Book Group is Roses by Leila Meacham.
    wandanamgreb(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I would like to read Montana Legacy.

    rhoneygtn at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I would like to read The Bride Collector.

    dawnpnr(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I follow on twitter @dawnpnr

    dawnpnr(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I subscribe via email.

    dawnpnr(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I follow this blog.

    dawnpnr(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I would like to read Boneman's Daughters by Ted Dekker next. Please enter me. Thanks!

    ayancey(at)dishmail(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  33. I subscribe via email.

    ayancey(at)dishmail(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  34. I follow your blog on Google Friends Connect.

    ayancey(at)dishmail(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  35. I want to read Hearing From Goad Each Morning

    lkish77123 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete