Saturday, March 20, 2010

Then Sings My Soul Saturday


So it is Saturday again, and that means I get to share some of my favorite, encouraging music with my readers! If you want to join in and post either the video, lyrics or both to songs that have been encouraging to you this week, head over to Signs, Miracles and Wonders and link up today!

I am not going to lie....this week was a difficult one for me. I don't feel comfortable going into details but suffice it to say that my world was rocked pretty badly and now comes healing! I know my God is with me throughout this wilderness experience I am experiencing and that I, and my family, will be so much stronger for going through it! I thank my God everyday that I can come to Him for all the strength I need and He will always provide me with all I need! He will never leave me or forsake me, of this I am promised and I have been clinging to that hope and promise this week! God bless you all!



To everyone who's lost someone they love
Long before it was their time
You feel like the days
You had were not enough
When you said goodbye

And to all of the people
With Burdens and Pains
Keepin' you back from your lives
You believe there is nothing
And there is no one
Who can make it right

There is hope for the helpless
Rest for the weary
And love for the broken heart
And there is grace and forgiveness
Mercy and healing
He'll meet you wherever you are
Cry out to Jesus
Cry out to Jesus

For the marriage that's struggling
Just to hang on
They've lost all of their
Faith and love
And they've done all they can
To make it right again
Still it's not enough

For ones who can't break
The addictions and chains
Who try to get up
But you crawl back again
Just remember that you're
Not alone in your shame
And your suffering

There is hope for the helpless
Rest for the weary
And love for the broken heart
And there is grace and forgiveness
Mercy and healing
He'll meet you wherever you are
Cry out to Jesus
Cry out to Jesus
Cry out to Jesus

When you're lonely
And it feels like
The whole world is fallin' on you
You just reach out
You just cry out
To Jesus
Cry to Jesus

To the widow
Who suffers from being alone
Wipin' the tears from her eyes
And for the children
Around the world
Without a home
Say a prayer tonight

There is hope for the helpless
Rest for the weary
And love for the broken heart
And there is grace and forgiveness
Mercy and healing
He'll meet you wherever you are

There is hope for the helpless
Rest for the weary
And love for the broken heart
And there is grace and forgiveness
Mercy and healing
He'll meet you wherever you are
Cry out to Jesus
Cry out to Jesus

Oh cry out to Jesus
Cry to Jesus



I was sure by now
That You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as You mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I'll praise You in this storm
And I will life my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth 



I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You

Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times

So I pray
Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain

I am Yours regardless of
The dark clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain
You who made a way for me
By suffering Your destiny
So tell me what's a little rain

So I pray
Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain

Holy, holy, holy
Holy, holy, holy
Is the Lord God Almighty
Is the Lord God Almighty

2 comments: