Thursday, April 29, 2010

How Do You Tuck In A Super Hero: Book Review

About The Book:

When Rachel Balducci looks for material for her writing, she doesn't have to look far. Her subject matter can be found climbing through the window, hanging on to the edge of the roof, and rummaging through the refrigerator. Here she chronicles the exuberant, awesome life of boys through bizarre conversations overheard, unbelievable rules she's been forced to make, and the many episodes of boy behavior that continue to mystify mothers worldwide. From the care and feeding of her team, to travels out in public, to their wide-eyed adoration of Chuck Norris, this laugh-out-loud celebration joyfully explores the sweetly wild side of boyhood.

About The Author:


Rachel Balducci is a writer and the mother of five lively boys. Her website, www.testosterhome.net, has been nominated for several awards. Rachel is a former staff writer for the Augusta Chronicle and has been published in numerous magazines, including Good Housekeeping, Faith and Family, and The Word Among Us.

My Review:

This is one of the funniest books I have ever read about raising children, specifically boys! Now I have girls, so I am sure I will have my own share of stories down the road, but I know from family and friends that have boys, that is a whole different ball game! This book shows you just how different, fun, stressful, and wonderful raising boys is. Balducci shares great personal stories and tidbits about living in a household of boys and you will find yourself nodding in agreement as you read this hilarious book! This is an example of what Balducci writes in her book. Here is a list of "Stuff I Say That No Longer Sound Crazy (To Me):

-"I am not a wrestling mat"
-"No, you may not and if I find a knife stuck in my kitchen cutting board, you will be in very big trouble"
-"Stay off the roof"
-"Why are there blocks of wood cooking in my oven?"
-"While that is indeed a clever invention, you will never be able to fly"
-"you can try to invent a jet pack, but i will not buy the fuel for it"
-"what do you mean you accidentally kicked your brother in the lip?"
-"wear something nice, like a t-shirt with no stains on it"
-"your aim is very good, but you  are not to shoot at the newspaper when I am holding it up to read. I don't care if its only a Nerf ball. Never again"

You can read a more thorough excerpt of this great book here. (PDF format)

See what I mean! I loved this book and I know you will too! I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!

BUY IT: You can purchase How Do You Tuck In A Superhero? online here, directly through Revell Books, a division of Bethany House Publishers.


WIN IT: One (1) Reader will win my copy of How Do You Tuck In A Superhero?


TO ENTER: Tell me why you want this book!


GIVEAWAY OPEN TO U.S. AND CANADIAN RESIDENTS ONLY


GIVEAWAY ENDS MAY 11, 2010


GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

***Thank you to Julie at Graf-Martin and Revell Books, a division of Bethany House for providing me with a complimentary copy of this book for the purpose of review on this blog***

9 comments:

  1. I would so much love to win this book and give it to my daughter - the mother of my three year old grandson. She is always telling me that I don't know what it is like! Duh, who raised her and had five younger brothers and sisters? I think that she would really enjoy this book.

    Thank you,

    MOM - Christine
    womackcm@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun read --- great for my daughter-in-law

    bmcbroom AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to have this book for my son and his family. thanks for this great giveaway. saubleb(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want this as i have a son!!

    vivaglampink@yahoo.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. I grew up in a family of five girls and now with a son of my own, I need all the advice and support I can get.

    pamfreecycle@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My good friend is expecting a boy and she is so scared! :) I think this book would be the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My son would love this book as he is in to super hero's right now
    angelsspot(at)hotmail)dot(com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want this book because my 4 year old grandson thinks he is a super hero, he is all of them at some time of the day, depends on his mood, He also is a super spy LOL

    I follow on google and twitter@mrsred49

    mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to win this book because it looks like a really sweet and funny book. I always enjoy reading about the funny things kids say and do.

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

    ReplyDelete