A compact and insightful presentation of twelve valuable principles to live by for the husband of a “Proverbs 31 woman” – or indeed, any woman. Along the way you’ll encounter amusing quizzes and superhero trivia. So, what are you waiting for – the bat signal? Strap on your utility belt and become the hero that God intended.
Inside I Married Wonder Woman…Now What? you’ll find twelve indispensables for your superhero utility belt. Essentials like…
- Valuing your wife above everything else
- Appreciating her intelligence and ambition
- Encouraging her independence
- Praising her in public
- Learning to really listen to her
You can listen to an author interview here.
About The Author:
Jess MacCallum is the executive VP, part owner, and COO of a commercial printing company in Columbia, South Carolina. He pursued his Wonder Woman, Anne, for nine years until she finally caved in and married him. Jess is a cartoonist and is regularly featured in The Wittenburg Door. Jess and Anne have a really cool son and two beautiful daughters.
This was an awesome book! I believe it is the first time I have ever seen a book address Proverbs 31 FOR husbands and in my opinion, this was long overdue! MacCallum uses humor and scripture to present to husbands how to love their wives the way the Lord wants them to be loved! Without going into too much detail, because you need to read this book (or better yet, your husbands!), here are the 12 items that men must have in their "utility belts" for their marriage:
1. Value Your Wife Above Everything (Prov. 31:10)
2. Trust your wife and reap the benefits (Prov. 31:11, 12)
3. Provide for the family with more than money (Prov. 31:13-15)
4. Don't be afraid of her independence or intimidated by her success (Prov. 31:16, 24)
5. Appreciate her intelligence, ambition, and drive (Prov. 31: 17-19)
6. Be unselfish like her and with her (Prov. 31: 20)
7. Respect your wife's household management without meddling (Prov. 31:21,22, 27)
8. Take pride in being known by her reputation (Prov. 31:23)
9. Actually listen when she speaks (Prov. 31: 25, 26)
10. Praise her and teach your children to praise her (Prov. 31: 28,29)
11. Focus on what God finds attractive and praiseworthy (Prov. 31:30)
12. Brag about her in public (Prov. 31:31)
This is a quick read at only 123 pages and is very easy to read too! I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!
BUY IT: You can purchase I Married Wonder Woman...Now What? online through Amazon.com and Amazon.ca
WIN IT: I have one copy of I Married Wonder Woman...Now What? to giveaway!
TO ENTER: Tell me why you want this book
1. Grab my button
2. Follow this blog
3. Follow me on Twitter
4. Subscribe via email
5. Become a Fan of Jess MacCallum on Facebook
GIVEAWAY OPEN TO U.S. AND CANADIAN RESIDENTS ONLY
GIVEAWAY ENDS APRIL 21, 2010
GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
****Thank you to the author, Jess MacCallum for providing me with a complimentary copy of this book for the purpose of review on my blog****