Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Red Letters Project: A Review

About The CD:

The Red Letters Project is an electrifying performance of rock music based on the words of Jesus from the Book of Matthew in the New Living Translation. 

This dynamic, one-of-a-kind listening experience features 40 tracks—both sung and narrated. The Red Letters Project is an excellent gift for teens, young adults, lovers of God’s Word, and music fans. 

A unique alternative to spoken-word audio Bibles,  
The Red Letters Project was produced by entertainment-industry legend Russ Regan, a committed Christian who envisions this as his legacy project.


My Review:

I have to be honest and first say that when I contemplated reviewing The Red Letters Project, I had no idea what to expect. Sure, I have heard of The Bible on CD (in fact, I own one NIV version) but never before had I heard it done to rock music and narrative combined. What a pleasant surprise.

I love a lot of different tastes in music, and do enjoy rock from time to time, so The Red Letters Projects is a great fit for me and my husband both! It is not your typical lyrics where there is rhyming words, etc but the flow in this 3 Disc set is fantastic, and as a result I am memorizing large portions of scripture.

Check out the website for samples of the music, as well as a full list of tracks.

Great gift idea for any rock music lover in your life!

BUY IT: The Red Letter Project: Book Of Matthew will be available June 2010 through your favorite Christian bookseller.

***Thank you to Tyndale Book Publishers for providing me with a complimentary copy of this product as part of my participation in the Blogging For Books program***

No comments:

Post a Comment