Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Dinosaurs On The Move: Book Review
Cathy Diez-Luckie started out making moving figures for her three children to supplement their history studies. When she saw how much fun the children had with them, and how they would play with them again and again, not only to act out historical events but using them in imaginary play, she thought other kids would enjoy them as well.
And so, Figures In Motion was born.
Today, you and your children (or students) can share that excitement! Use the Famous Figures books in the classroom…in study groups…in your homeschool co-op…or at home. Wherever you use them, the Famous Figures series of activity books makes the study of history more memorable and lets children make movable action figures of the great men and women of the past.
About The Book:
MAKE YOUR OWN MOVABLE DINOSAUR ACTION FIGURES: Make prehistoric times come to life with extraordinary dinosaurs that once roamed the earth! Cut-and-color or pre-colored action figures really move as you bring Tyrannosaurus Rex, Allosaurus, Triceratops, Stegosaurus, Ankylosaurus, Brachiosaurus, and others to life.
Move their jaws, clash their teeth, and make their powerful legs run as you act out your own dinosaur battles—or make up your own stories about these mighty creatures that ruled the planet.
Use this creative learning tool to introduce and reinforce the wonder of natural history and inspire a love of paleontology with hands-on activities for children ages 6 to 12.
INSIDE THE BOOK:
• Book includes a short introduction to each of the ten dinosaurs from Allosaurus to Tyrannosaurus rex.
• Children will learn fascinating facts about these great creatures who once roamed the earth: length, weight, habitat, diet, the location of fossil discoveries, and key features are provided for each dinosaur.
PRE-COLORED MOVING FIGURES
• Detailed illustrations based on authentic fossils and skeletons
• Dinosaurs are pre-colored for children who want to assemble and play with the figure without coloring it.
BLACK AND WHITE MOVING FIGURES
• Color with colored pencils, crayons, markers, or paint.
• Crisp black and white line drawings identical to pre-colored illustrations for children who want to use their own creativity for coloring the figure.
• Book is printed on sturdy card stock with perforated pages for easy removal.
• Detailed and easy to follow assembly instructions. Requires a hole punch and fasteners for assembly.
• Letter Key printed on the back of each figure to prevent mix-ups.
• Suitable for use at home and in school.
• Fun to make and play with, again and again!
The following dinosaurs are included in the book: