Friday, June 18, 2010

BLOGMANIA Sponsor Feature: My Silly Blue Hippo

I have been an Early Childhood Educator since 1998 and it is my joy and pleasure to teach children! My personal philosophy with regards to teaching children is that children learn best through play! It does not matter what kind of play, children will learn and grow from it.

One type of play that I know children (including my own) love is dress up. When you give a child dress up clothes or costumes, their imagination comes to life and you can keep them busy for HOURS!!! Every day I see this with my own girls, as they set all their dolls at their table, have tea parties or pretend to feed them, played doctor, construction worker or firefighters!

I recently discovered a wonderful Etsy shop that specializes in making fabulous dress up costumes for children. Let me introduce you to My Silly Blue Hippo!!




About My Silly Blue Hippo:

I started My Silly Blue Hippo because I was not satisfied with the dress up clothes that I wanted to purchase for my kids. I saw them frustrated by the fact that they could not dress themselves. I wasn't happy with the quality of construction or the fact that many items were not washable. I wanted to make sure that my designs were true to life, not just a simple plastic vest, but the actual clothes as close as I could make them. Our original clothes are manufactured here in the United States. I know you'll appreciate the value and quality and your child will love playing dress up "for real".

We design and manufacture quailty dress up clothes for kids. Our goal is to provide you with the cutest fabrics and the best true to life designs possible. We also want to make sure that dress up and role playing is enjoyable for your child as well, by using self dressing closures and comfortable fabrics. We rotate fabrics often, since we are a small company, so if you see something you like order soon because we may not be able to locate that particular fabric again. We take great care in the construction of every piece we sell and stand behind our products.

I was incredibly honored to be able to review the Little Chef Set, which includes a Chef's Hat, Jacket and Pants!


Is this not just the cutest thing you have ever seen!!!

True to Life Little Chef Jacket is made of 100% cotton fabric. Self dressing front velcro closure, no frustrating buttons or ties. Machine washable. Low Heat Dryer. Your child will love playing chef "for real".

Size 4 fits up to a 23" chest. Generously sized around the middle.
Size 6 fits up to a 25" chest. Generously sized around the middle.

Afraid of Velcro? Don't be. This item is made with a self sticking velcro. The hooks and loops are together on each side, so even though it sticks to itself, it won't "grab" onto other fabrics. It's also very soft.

Available colors/patterns are Blue with Red Lobsters, Pink Candy, Red Raspberries, Green Peas, Black Chili Peppers, Black with Red Cherries, Red Tomatoes, Blueberries.

Solid Colors are Bubble Gum Pink, Sky Blue, Black, White, True Red, True Blue.


Little Chef pants are made from 100% cotton fabric. These adorable pants have an easy on elastic waist. Machine washable. Low heat dryer.

Size 4 fits 21" waist to 24 1/2" waist.
Length is 22" from waist to hem.

Size 6 fits 22" waist to 25" waist.
Length is 23" from waist to hem.

I have lots of other solid colors. I also have 100% cotton prints like peas, raspberries, cherries, candy, and lobsters.



Little Chef Hat is made from an easy care 100% cotton fabric. Hat is machine washable. Low heat dryer. Velcro closure makes it easy to adjust.
Fits from size 19" to 21-1/2" head circumference.

Afraid of Velcro? Don't be. This item is made with a self sticking velcro. The hooks and loops are together on each side, so even though it sticks to itself, it won't "grab" onto other fabrics. It's also very soft.

Available colors/patterns are Blue Lobster, Pink Candy, Red Raspberries, Green Peas, Black Chili Peppers, Black Cherries, Red Tomatoes, Blueberries.

Solid Colors are Bubble Gum Pink, Sky Blue, Black, White, True Red, True Blue.

Mix and Match as you like.

The chef hat is cutomizable. Add your child's name for free
.

I received my Little Chef Set only two days ago, and my girls LOVE it. In fact my three year would not even take it off when we went for groceries yesterday AND she had to wear it to bed too! It is definitely an overwhelming hit in our house. We received the size 6 set and I am very impressed with the sizing. It fits my oldest daughter (who is 3.5 and wears usually a size 5 in regular clothing) nicely with room to spare.  Her little sister also loves to wear it:


That is a huge benefit, as I know that it will get used for years to come. I am also very impressed with the workmanship of the Little Chef Set. The fabric is so bright and soft, and the stitching is very strong! Also, delivery time was fantastic. Being in Canada, I often find items that ship from the U.S. to take a while when shipped, but I received my set in under two weeks! And the customer service has been fantastic! Kudos to Brandie, the owner of My Silly Blue Hippo.

If you are looking for incredibly cute and durable, yet affordable dress up clothes for your children, I highly recommend My Silly Blue Hippo!!! You will not be disappointed.

BUY IT:  You can head over to My Silly Blue Hippo on the Etsy site or their official website, here.

BLOGMANIA ANNOUNCEMENT:

I AM EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE THAT MY SILLY BLUE HIPPO IS A BLOGMANIA SPONSOR!!! COME BACK ON SEPTEMBER 15 AND 16, 2010 TO FIND OUT WHAT AWESOME PRIZE YOU CAN WIN!!!

***Thank you to Brandie and My Silly Blue Hippo for providing me with a complimentary Dress Up Set for the purpose of review on this blog***

2 comments:

  1. So cute! My two love dress up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now following your from friday follows.
    http://tilwereadagain.blogspot.com
    Til We Read Again,
    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete