Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Dyson DC25 Review

I am the first to admit that housecleaning is definitely one of the least favorite things on my homemaking journey. But I don't even want to think about the chaos that would ensue if it did not get done.

I think out of all the jobs that go with cleaning my home, vacuuming is up there as the one I dislike almost as much as cleaning the toilets:) Part of the reason, in my opinion, is that I have never had a "really good" vacuum. We have always gotten whatever is cheap, and that certainly does not equate with good quality.


 However, that all changed two weeks ago when I found out I was going to be able to review a Dyson!!! Yes, you read right - a Dyson! I just about fell off my chair after reading the email, I was so excited. Dyson has always been at the top of my wish list for cleaning products (okay, how sad is that people!), and now I have one to call my own!


 The Dyson DC25 All Floors features include:
  • Single-action wand with instant 16ft reach for stair and high-reach cleaning.
  • Air expelled from a Dyson has up to 150 times less bacteria and mold than the air we breathe.
  • Washable lifetime HEPA filter designed to trap microscopic allergens such as pollen and bacteria. No bags, belts or filters to buy.
  • One-touch hygienic and quick-to-empty bin – just press the button at the top of the cyclone and the dust empties from the bottom.
  • Five-year warranty for parts and labor guaranteed by Dyson.
  • Only weighs 16lb 
  • The Root Cyclone™ technology does not rely on bags or filters so your Dyson doesn’t lose suction….ever. 
  • the Ball™ technology makes maneuvering around furniture, walls, and kids a breeze as it steers smoothly with a simple turn of the wrist.
 My Review:

This vacuum is incredible! When it says it can pick up anything, on all floors, it seriously lives up to its name and promises! Honestly, I was so excited about receiving the DC25 I unpacked it, assembled it (very easy to do, completed in about five minutes) and used it right away!

I vacuumed once and could not believe the amount of dirt that was sucked up. I had vacuumed the day before with my other brand name bagless vacuum (which is only 3 years old), and could not believe the amount that did not get sucked up. So I decided to do an experiement. I wanted to see just how dirty my carpet was, and so I kept vacumming....and the results....I had to use the Dyson four (yes, 4!!) times before I stopped hearing dirt being sucked up. Unreal!!! This showed me just how much dirt and other allergens where hiding in my carpets. And we have no pets, only two adults and two children.

I found the handling of the Dyson DC25 very comfortable and love that I can switch from carpet to hardwood flooring/laminate with just the push a button! The attachment tools and telescopic tool for stairs, etc are also great additions as well. Even my three year old wanted to vacuum with me!

Overall, I love the Dyson DC25 and I know that this product will make vacuuming so much more pleasant. Although I received the this product in exchange for posting this review, I realize that the price of it can be daunting to most people. However, when you think about how much you would spend in vacuum bags, and replacement parts, not to mention how many vacuums in, say 20 years, the investment in the Dyson products is far worth it! And without bags to deal with, you are also being environmentally friendly.

I highly recommend this product and give it a huge thumbs up!

BUY IT: You can purchase the Dyson DC25 online directly from Dyson. It is also available at retailers such as Bed, Bath & Beyond, Wal-Mart, Sears, as well as others.

***I received a complimentary Dyson DC25 in exchange for an honest review on this blog***

1 comment:

  1. Now just HOW did you get this Dyson review????? Care to share??? LOVE IT!

    Saying Hey for Blogmania Support.
    Of course we follow you through GFF, please make sure to stop in and do the same for us :)
    http://momtobedby8.blogspot.com/

    Psss.... We also have an iPad giveaway going on right now till 7/2! We need nearly double the entries we have to get ours in for review. SO please take a minute if nothing else just to do the manatory entry. Thank you so so much.
    http://momtobedby8.blogspot.com/2010/06/apple-ipad-giveaway-yes-i-said-ipad.html

    ReplyDelete