Tuesday, June 29, 2010

From My Mama's Kitchen: A Book Review

About The Book:

From My Mama’s Kitchen – “food for the soul, recipes for living” is a wonderful keepsake book about motherly love. It is a tribute to acknowledge and honor moms all over the world for their spiritual and inspirational contribution in making a positive difference in the lives of their children and their loved ones.

Adopted at birth in Malaysia, and later moving to the United States to attend college, Johnny Tan’s life journey led him into crossing paths with various women he admiringly referred to as “Mom.”


It is from his 9 moms’ insightful parenting skills and motivational words of wisdom that guided Johnny in decoding the many mysteries and challenges of everyday living. This served as the wonderful backdrop for everyone to reflect back and rekindle their own memories with their moms – during the various heartfelt moments that might have otherwise been forgotten.


Entertaining, inspiring, and educational, Johnny has managed to bring “motherly love” to center stage, honoring the various significant roles mothers play in our daily lives – the forgotten heroes of our time!




About The Author:


In 2001, I left a successful career as the Chief Operating Officer of a major company to pursue a life-long dream of owning my own business. Today, The Reyna Collection® is a premier multi-resource group located in the Dallas Market Center.

In April 2007, after being inspired, and encouraged by my various “moms,” I began a new project – a book titled, “From My Mamaʼs Kitchen – food for the soul, recipes for living.” Spiritually driven, I finished writing this heart-felt memories and words of wisdom expressed by my 9 moms, whom I have met at different points of my life over the years, in 9 months. I wrote to honor and pay tribute to moms all over the world for their spiritual and inspirational contributions in making a positive difference in the lives of their loved ones, through the various roles of being a teacher, a coach, and a counselor. I
used the kitchen as the backdrop because it is and will always be the heart and soul of every home.


In April of 2009, I launched From My Mama's Kitchen Talk Radio (FMMK Talk Radio). This weekly internet radio show serves as a resource center for women and mothers everywhere by bringing inspirational, spiritual, and motivational stories from our special guests of ordinary people especially mothers doing extraordinary things.


I am a member of the Writersʼ Guild of Texas, Speakers Co-op of Dallas, and I am also an accomplished amateur ballroom dancer. I have performed with various dance partners for more than 10 years at various ballroom and charity events in Louisiana and Texas.


I currently reside in Dallas, Texas.


My Review:

I loved this book! Johnny Tan takes you on a wonderful retrospective journey of the impact of a mom in one's life! In his case, nine moms!

What an incredible read. With sincere and heart felt honesty, Tan reminded me to take time to let my own mom know just how much she means to me and what she taught me.  As an adopted child, I know the gift that was given to me as a toddler and I will forever be thankful for the gift of family I was given.

Now, as a mom myself, Tan has made me realize the gift and legacy I am giving to my own girls! This is the perfect gift for any mom in your life!

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!


BUY IT: You can purchase From My Mama's Kitchen online, directly from Amazon.com and Amazon.ca 

***Thank you to author, Johnny Tan, for providing me with a complimentary copy of this book for the purpose of review on this blog***

No comments:

Post a Comment