Saturday, June 26, 2010

Then Sings My Soul Saturday


Well it is once again time for Then Sings My Soul Saturday, hosted by Amy at Signs, Miracles and Wonders. It is one of my favorite blog hops that I am part of. The music I listen to every Saturday is so incredibly encouraging. Thank you to all of you that participate!

This week I am focusing on music that is encouraging for Christian marriages. During the last year my husband and I have dealt with some pretty heavy issues with regards to our marriage. We met in 1996 at Bible College and have been married since 1997. In the last few years though there have been some struggles, as we have gone from just the two of us for 9 years to having two children in 21 months. We also dealt with multiple family deaths, and I was diagnosed with cancer. We have dealt with a lot of stress over the last few years, and also got into a rut. T

hat ultimately brought us to a huge valley in our marriage. During the last year we have slowly been climbing out of the valley, with God's strong arms of love, faithfulness, and forgiveness. This is the short version. I have realized since my own parents split up last year (after 35 years of mostly unhappy marriage) that it really does take two to keep a marriage strong and healthy. I recently started to read Gary Thomas' book, Sacred Influence, and have been impacted by a few things he has said thus far (I am only on chapter 3):

"God, not your marital status, or the condition of your marriage, defines your life"

"If you truly want to love, motivate and influence your husband, your first step must be to connect AND stay connected with God. Find your refuge, strength, comfort, security and hope in Him."

Here are a few songs that have been especially encouraging to me over the last almost 14 years that my husband and I have been together, and through this last year or so.



This was the song that was played at our wedding Nov 1997



My husband and I have watched Fireproof, and as a result that is when we realized changes needed to be made in our relationship. I am currently working through The Love Dare and have seen some amazing changes (although small ones, still positive ones). Waiting is not easy for a personality like me who likes to fix things right away...but in the waiting my relationship with God has been improved huge! God is working through me and ultimately through my marriage.





This song from Kutless has been a huge encouragemant to me as of late. My prayer is that it is to you as well. Be blessed!



Also from Fireproof!

Be blessed this week!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful songs. My favorite is the first one I Will Be Here. I was remarried 4 years ago and a friend of mine sang and played it on piano at our wedding. It was beautiful! Thanks for sharing! Praying for your marriage. My first one ended in divorce after 18 years. He turned his back on God and made mistakes, then did not want to work through it. He married her then divorced. He remarried and we are all actually friends now, a lot easier on my daughter. Praying for you and your husband!
    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome song choices! I love all of them - they are all part of my favorite songs!

    Have a great Monday =)

    ReplyDelete