Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Body Gospel: Review Post 1


So about three weeks ago I received The Body Gospel Exercise Program to review.  It is a high energy workout that not only works your body but your soul too.

As I mentioned in my initial review, I am embarking on a 90 day journey as I review this product and get fit in the process. This post will include my initial thoughts on the program and my initial measurements.

In the last three weeks life has been very crazy and as a result my exercise routine has honestly gone out the window. I typically workout 3-5 times a week for about a half hour each time. Lately though, it has been more like two or three times a week. This is better than nothing but I can definitely feel that I have not been at my peak.


I have used The Body Gospel twice a week for the last three weeks and I have to say it is so much fun! High energy moves, combined with a high energy host and awesome Gospel music has really pumped me up! Everything about this exercise program is high energy and though I like that, I know I could not do it every day (my knees could not handle it). That is why I am so glad to be able to combine The Body Gospel with the other programs I use (mainly Wii Fit Plus and walking).

During the next 90 days I will be giving you updates on my progress every two weeks and a photo update every 30 days. Here is my before picture:


Clearly, not my favorite picture but I have hope that this picture will look much different in just a few short months!

Right now I weigh 172 pounds and I am only 5'2" so I know I have a significant amount of weight to lose. In total, I would love to lose another 40 or 50 pounds and I know that using Body Gospel and following my diabetic diet will definitely get me back on the right track.

Now, the Body Gospel program also includes a nutrition guide and meal plans. For the sake of this review I will be focusing on the exercise program. The Nutrition guide is fantastic, and I have gotten a lot of ideas from it, however I meal plan and budget for meals that are quite a bit more frugal. Also, with a toddler and preschooler in the house, many of the meal ideas are just not quick and easy (much needed with this age group). 

I will be back in two more weeks with an update, but in the meantime I would love to leave you with a clip of Body Gospel in action.



8 comments:

  1. It sounds like fun! I've been off and on P90X. I'm liking the result... althought tendonitis kind of messed things up a bit.

    Good luck! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very interesting! Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I'm a new follower and fellow BLOGMANIAC. Please visit my blog and follow me too!

    BTW, good luck with your new workout!

    Thanks!
    Brooke
    www.sweetmintstudios.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI, I found you on New Friend Friday!! It's nice to "meet" you! I read your post about getting into an exercise routine to drop some weight! I wish you the best of luck...getting into a routine is hard, but stick with it and you will do great! I am big into fitness...I go to the gym 4-5 times a week!! Exercising makes me feel SO much better mentally and physically and I know you will feel the same way!! Keep me posted on your progress!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a new follower!
    Will you follow me?
    http://songberries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Stopping in from Fight the Scales Friday! This sounds like an interesting program, I am definitely going to look into it! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is great, Shirley! I can't wait to see your progress on your next post! Keep it up! :)

    (stopping by from Fight the Scale Fridays!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, good luck! This sounds like such a fun project to share with us all!
    -found you through Fight the Scales Friday!
    -CK

    ReplyDelete