Saturday, July 10, 2010

Then Sings My Soul Saturday


As of late, I have been going through some valleys and difficulties in my life, and I know several other friends and family members going through struggles right now. I have been a Christian for most of my life, and one area that I continue to struggle with is why do bad things have to happen to those who love the Lord.

 In the last 5 years I have had to go through some really difficult times and I often wondered what God was trying to teach me through those struggles. At times the question of "why" was so loud it overpowered all my other thoughts. Yet, He was faithful, even when I doubted. The Lord has healed me from cancer (5 years this last week) and infertility (I have two beautiful girls), and He has soothed my pain from the loss of my sister and my parent's marriage breakdown. Now, He has been faithful as I deal with marriage struggles of my own (things are getting better everyday!).

Earlier this year, I participated in a Women's Bible Study at church, as we studied One In A Million by Priscilla Shirer. The one thing that impacted me the most during this study was that through the Wilderness experience of Exodus, God remained faithful and brought the Israelites (God's Chosen people) through and to the Promised Land. If He did that for them, He will certainly do the same for me and you! I also have learned that through the valleys and wilderness experiences of life, there is one main lesson - God allows these difficult times to happen so we will depend on Him for strength, and as a result become closer to Him then we were before the struggle.

I have found a couple songs that really emphasis this last point. I hope they are as much as blessing to you, as they have been to me. Some of these songs I have posted before, but I wanted to re-post because I have been so encouraged by them. Be blessed this week!





5 comments:

  1. I'm following your from follow me chickadee Fridays!
    Please follow back at http://beonefineday.blogspot.com/
    Thanks.
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful! Singing along with you today.

    Stopping by today from TSMS. Delighted to sing with you. I hope you don't mind if I splash around to get to know you a bit more.

    Splashing and singing,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I haven't heard that song by Ginny Owens for a few years....it was a good reminder for me! It was a song I held tightly to for a few solid years...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post. So full of truth. God is not done working in us yet! Praise Him for His faithfulness!!

    ReplyDelete