Friday, July 30, 2010

Then Sings My Soul Saturday


Growing up in a Mennonite Brethren Church I was immersed in the classic hymns. Today, my family and I attend an Evangelical Free Church and hymns are almost non-existent, replaced with modern praise and worship music like Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, Starfield and many others. Of course, there is nothing wrong with the new, modern music, but there is just something about the classic hymns that brings me back to a simpler time and to a different level of worship. This week for Then Sings My Soul Saturday, I have chosen to share a few of my favorite hymns.









For more inspirational music, head over to see Amy at Signs, Miracles, and Wonders for Then Sings My Soul Saturday! Be Blessed!

9 comments:

  1. I love your selection and I agree about classic hymns. I will always listen to them like "I'm home." Joyful, joyful is a beautiful video. And It is well with my soul is one of my faves too, (although I admit I'm not sure about whether I really mean it quite literally). Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recently my hubby and I were talking about how we miss the old hymns. We do enjoy the contemporary songs, but there is just something about those hymns. Wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree there is something missing when you don't have a hymn book in your hand, I love all your songs great choices!!
    thanks for stopping by today I am really going to enjoy listening to what everyone posts!! Have a blessed weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love hymns. You've shared some great ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful songs. I love "It Is Well" and the story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful selection u got here..so simple yet splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful selections!!

    I have so enjoyed visiting your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of those videos were just beautiful. Thanks for sharing them. Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the old hymns too. I visited the church I grew up in last Sunday and they still sing them there. It was wonderful. Thanks for sharing these. They are some of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete