Monday, July 26, 2010

A Way With Words: Book Review

About The Book:


Women have a way with words. A woman’s strength, influence, and ability to change the world for better—in every season and in every relationship—lies in the words she speaks each day. But with that God-given power comes the need to use it wisely, and this book provides both biblical and practical guidance to that end.

In A Way with Words, author and veteran speaker Christin Ditchfield challenges women to embrace God’s gift of words and to think carefully about how they use it. She looks at twelve timeless principles as she calls all women to examine their hearts, recognize when words are their “weapon of choice,” and learn how to steward this blessing to bring life, healing, and encouragement. Each chapter includes wisdom from influential women throughout history and a Bible study for individuals and small groups.

Read Chapter 1 here.

About The Author:

Christin Ditchfield is the host of the syndicated radio program “Take It to Heart!” heard daily on stations across the United States, Canada, Central and South America. She is a popular conference speaker and author of more than 40 books. Her articles have appeared in numerous national and international magazines, including Focus on the FamilyToday’s Christian WomanSports Spectrum, and Power for Living.

My Review:

I loved this book! It is a very well-written and well-organized book that will encourage you to really think about the words we use everyday, as women. Our words are so powerful and Ditchfield does a remarkable job of reminding us of that power. 

My favorite part of the book is that each chapter has a set of questions that can be used for individual or group study. As part of those questions is a chance to pick a piece of scripture to memorize. 

One piece of scripture that really resonated with me is Psalm 19:14, "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer".

 I am very aware of how easily words can be repeated, especially with little people in my home. I sometimes have a problem with impatience and this book has been very good for me to read right now. It has challenged me to really think about my words and how they impact not only me, but those around me. Thank you to Ms. Ditchfield, you definitely have a gift!

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!

BUY IT: You can purchase A Way With Words by Christin Ditchfield online, directly through Crossway 

***Thank you to Crossway for providing me with a complimentary copy of this book for the purpose of review on this blog. I received no other compensation and all opinions are my own***


3 comments:

  1. New follower from FMBT. I hope you can stop in and see me at www.hootiebee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower~ I hope you can stop by my blog and visit; maybe even follow me back. Have a great week!

    Charity
    http://humboldtcherry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fantastic book! Thanks for joining us for FMIC again! Have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete