Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Bishop: Blog Tour and Review

About The Book:



The game is on.

FBI Special Agent Patrick Bowers's cutting-edge skills are about to be pushed to the limit when a young woman is found brutally murdered in Washington DC. Her killers continue a spree of perfect crimes in the Northeast, but with nothing to link them to each other, Agent Bowers faces his most difficult case yet--even as his personal life begins to crumble around him.

The Bishop is a gripping, adrenaline-laced story for readers who are tired of timid thrillers. Strap on your seat belt and get ready for a wild ride.

You can read an excerpt of The Bishop here (in PDF format)



About The Author:

Critically acclaimed author Steven James has written more than twenty books, including the bestselling thriller series The Bowers Files. One of the nation's most innovative storytellers, Steven developed his skill as a performer at East Tennessee State University (MA in storytelling). He lives in Tennessee with his wife and three daughters.

My Review:

This is the first book by Steven James I have read and I LOVED it! I am definitely going to go and read the other three books in the Patrick Bowers Series. Although this book is the fourth in the series, it definitely holds its own as a stand-alone title. A huge book at 520 pages, I read it in only a couple days! If you like psychological thrillers that will keep you on the edge of your seat, you have to read The Bishop. A warning though, there is a significant amount of crime scene details, which can get quite detailed at times. If this bothers you I do not recommend this book. That said, the writing style is wonderful with fantastic storylines and well developed characters. This book  would make a fantastic screenplay! This is a very fast paced novel, with many twists and turns that explore the theme of human depravity.  The Bishop had me guessing until the very end of the book! If the next book in this series, The Queen, is as good as The Bishop, I have found a new favorite author! 

I highly recommend this book and give it a thumbs up!


Join in the Launch celebration for The Bishop by Steven James on  Facebookon Wednesday, August 4th, 2010
BUY IT: You can purchase The Bishop by Steven James online through Revell Books, as well as through your favorite local Christian bookseller.

***I received a complimentary copy of this book courtesy of Revell Books, a division of Baker Publishing Group, and Graf-Martin Communications Inc.All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shirley,
    I'm visiting you from iFellowship - but I always enjoy your blog and have come here often! I've even got your button on my Blogging Friends page.

    If you have time today, come see me too at Living Above.

    I pray you have a wonderful Wednesday!
    your sis in the faith...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI!
    Stopping by from ifellowship!
    Praying your day is blessed!

    ReplyDelete