Monday, August 9, 2010

My NapPak: Review


About My NapPak:

My NapPak™ was founded by Beth Clampitt in Dallas, Texas, in September 2001. Since most day care facilities only provide the bare necessities of a cot or plastic they encourage the parent to provide blankets. One day when picking her 18 month old son up for a mothers-day-out program, she realized that he was stuck to the mat from sweating and drooling and the blanket the he was using was twisted around his legs.
The school insisted that she could only bring one item for him to nap with.  After a personal search for such a product for her child, she was unable to find satisfactory bedding. Convinced that there was a strong interest for a sleeping product that was all-in-one, comfortable, durable to handle weekly washings and kept the child from touching a mat that another child napped on the day before she decided to make them herself. Parents and schools responded enthusiastically to her design. My NapPakTM is versatile enough to use for a variety of situations – school and day-care, traveling and sleeping over a grandparents.


Beth was a single mom for several years and owned a graphic design and printing company. In 1997 she remarried and had a second child. Now she was able to sell her company and stay home with her children. After several years she felt something was missing “It was fun to be home with the kids, but I needed to do something for myself, I needed that extra pat on the back. It feels good to do something good for others, but it is not the same as doing something for your self.”


Features of My NapPak:


My Review:

My husband and I grew up in different Canadian Provinces, so when we got married we knew that there would be a lot of traveling in our future to visit family and friends. Prior to having children, we never had to worry about bedding, pillows, etc. Now that we have children, though, as all you moms know, you have play yards, special blankets and pillows and the rest that comes with traveling with young children. Therefore, I am always on the look out for products that will make traveling with children easy and as stress free as possible.

I recently discovered My NapPak and love it! I received a NapPak in the pattern of Luv Bugz (seen above) and my girls love it. The material is so soft and I love that there is a pillow and blanket built right in. It rolls up just like a sleeping bag and my girls can even carry the bag on their own, thanks to the great carrying strap.

Though we have not done a lot of traveling since receiving the My NapPak, it has gotten a ton of use. I run my own home daycare, and my daughter lays down it almost daily for her nap. I am definitely considering purchasing more for my daycare children (right now i use thick yoga mats) and another one for my other daughter (this will help eliminate fights about who gets to use it next).

BUY IT: You can purchase My NapPak online here, for $55 plus shipping.

***I received a complimentary My NapPak, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have received no other compensation for this review***

No comments:

Post a Comment