Friday, August 20, 2010

Not Back To School Blog Hop: Student Photo Week

I have been home preschooling for about a year, and this year decided to use a curriculum. Up until now, I have used the abundance of great resources on the internet, and the variety of items I have collected as an Early Childhood Educator. Now, we will be using Before Five In A Row (B4FIAR), as well as a few other things.

I found a great blog hop to join for homeschoolers, called Not Back to School Blog Hop and each week is a different topic. This week is Student Photo Week, so I am going to introduce you to my students (children):

Miss "M" 


Although I am a firm believer that all children are miracles and gifts from the Lord, Miss "M" is truly our miracle baby. Short story, after almost four years of trying to have a baby, I found out I had cancer in 2005. Treated successfully, 10 months later I was pregnant! We were ecstatic....only to experience the scariest moment of our lives when Miss "M" was born 10 weeks premature and spent 8 weeks in NICU. That was Oct of 2006 and now Miss "M" is almost four and is a girly-girl to the core! She loves dress up, dolls, and tea parties! She is going to attend Pre-K at our local Catholic elementary school three mornings a week. We chose this route because she can tend to be very shy and we thought this might help her open up a bit. On the days she goes to Pre-K we will have a less structured homeschool time, with more homeschooling happening on the opposite days. She loves to learn and read books with me and I am so excited to begin this journey with her!

Miss "I"


This bundle of energy was my surprise baby...becoming pregnant with her when M was only 13 month old! She is a busy girl and wants to do everything her big sister does. She talks up a storm in full sentences and is starting to learn colors and shapes and sings the "ABCs" and "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star". She loves to climb and has no fear, so we do a lot of movement activities through the day!She has already learned so much and I can't wait to see how she develops and grows throughout this next year.

Thanks for stopping by and meeting my girls!

1 comment:

  1. Love your photos~ your kids are adorable! I am now following your blog and look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete