Thursday, August 26, 2010

Out Live Your Life: Book Review

About The Book:

These are difficult days in our world's history. 1.75 billion people are desperately poor, natural disasters are gouging entire nations, and economic uncertainty still reigns across the globe. But you and I have been given an opportunity to make a big difference. What if we did? What if we rocked the world with hope? Infiltrated all corners with God's love and life? We are created by a great God to do great works. He invites us to outlive our lives, not just in heaven, but here on earth. Let's live our lives in such a way that the world will be glad we did.


About The Author:

Max Lucado is a minister who writes and a writer who preaches. He and his wife, Denalyn, serve the Oak Hills Church in San Antonio, Texas. They have three grown daughters, Jenna, Andrea, and Sara; one son-in-law, Brett; and one sweet but lazy golden retriever, Molly.


My Review:

Max Lucado has long been a favorite author of mine, so when the opportunity to came up to review his most recent book, Out Live Your Life, I could not pass it up.

 In this book, Lucado challenges you to live your life for those around you, not just for yourself. It is full of examples from the book of Acts, and encourages us as Modern-Day Christians to live as the Early Christians did. It is up to us as Christ Followers to meet the needs of those around us, and let the love of Christ flow through our actions. It can be as simple as volunteering at your local shelter, soup kitchen or have a lemonade stand and donate the proceeds to a charity to help third world children. It does not matter what you do, as long as you do something!

One way that I live out my faith and help those around me occurs during the winter season. Throughout the year I knit scarves, and then at the beginning of the winter season I bring the scarves I have made and give them to the local Street Mission. I make all colors and sizes for adults and children alike. Because I am a huge advocate of early literacy, I also donate children's books to my local women's shelter throughout the year.

If you want to have your life changed and be encouraged to live your life out loud, you need to read this book. It will challenge you in ways you would not expect, but need!

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!

BUY IT: This book is available directly through Thomas Nelson, as well as your local Christian bookseller.

***I received a complimentary copy of this book courtesy of Thomas Nelson and Graf-Martin Communications Inc. All opinions expressed are my own and I was not compensated in any other manner***

5 comments:

  1. I wanted to let you know that you are the Fun Follow Friday blog of the week and will be in the #3 spot on tomorrow's hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Max Lucado. I'm stopping by from Fun Follow Friday! I'm following you. Can't wait to check out your giveaways!

    Andrea
    http://365daysoflifebehindthelens.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being the #3 spot on Fun Follow Friday's Blog of the Week! That is actually how I found you! So hello!! I'm now one of your new followers!

    Please follow my blogs at:

    http://www.H2owithkerri.com

    http://www.CruncheeMom.com

    I can't wait to read some more of your fun reviews! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to following your blog! Following from Fun Follow Friday :)
    Hope you'll follow me too :)
    http://whatifedmyfamilytoday.blogspot.com/
    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review, sounds like a wonderful book!

    Have a fantastic weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete