Saturday, August 7, 2010

Then Sings My Soul Saturday

Once again we are back at Saturday. This week just flew by. I cannot believe we are already going to be starting the second week in August. In just a few short weeks, school starts up and all the regular activities will begin again, like choir practice, Sunday School programs, youth groups, and so much more. Although my children are still young, that does not make us any less busy. We will have preschool for the first time, Sunday School for both girls, Bible Study for myself, and all the other family activities that will come up. I am so grateful that I have Then Sings My Soul Saturday, hosted by Amy at Signs, Miracles and Wonders, to help me reflect on my week and be encouraged by some fantastic music.

As I reflect on the past week, it has been a rough one for several friends and my heart aches for them, as they say good bye to their marriages. It is particularly painful for me because these are Christians. Once again I am reminded that tough times and struggles within marriage does not bypass us, just because we are believers in the Lord. It amazes me actually how many Christian marriages I know of (including my own) have been attacked and broken throughout the last few years. I am so sad about this, yet I am so grateful to my Lord that He has worked in my own marriage to begin the restoration and healing process. This wilderness experience has drawn me closer to God, then I have been in a very long time. Because I am drawing on Him for strength and placing my worth in Him, versus always in my role as a wife and mom, I am seeing some wonderful changes in me and my marriage. My husband is seeing it too.

We still have a ways to go, but its coming. As far as my friends and family that have recently made the decisions to end their marriages, they have done everything they could, but to no avail. I pray that they will have healing and peace as they embrace their "new normals" and that they will cling to their hope in Him through it all! God never promised us an easy road, but He does promise He will go with us down the road. These are just a few songs that have encouraged me this week as I reflect on my struggles and those of my friends and family.










"All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship."



Be blessed and encouraged this week, despite whatever season and trial you may be facing. God has been with you, is with you and will continue to be with you through it all!

6 comments:

  1. I am now a proud member of your blog.

    We would love to have you link up at our SENSASTIONAL 4-in-1 Blog hop event : )

    Lucas's Journey with Sensory Processing Disorder
    http://lucasjourneyspd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great songs! Especially "While I'm Waiting" by John Waller - that's an excellent song, and loved Fireproof too! "Desert Song" by Hillsong is another great one. Thanks for posting these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great songs. Thanks for sharing these today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey there! I am your newest follower from Sunday Social :) have a great day!
    dawn
    http://flipoutmama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great videos Shirley - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a new follower from the Sunday Social blog hop. Yes, marriage is tough. I've only been married for four years, and we've already been through some very difficult times regarding trust issues. I pray everyday that God saves my marriage because I know my husband is a good man and a good father. I appreciate your post. It's nice to meet you. http://mommyspirit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete