Saturday, August 21, 2010

Then Sings My Soul Saturday

Once again it is Saturday and time for one of my favorite blog hops....Then Sings My Soul Saturdays, hosted by Amy at Signs, Miracles and Wonders. Head on over and be encouraged today but some wonderful music!


This past week was an interesting one. My husband was out of town for work (does not happen very often) thus I was "single-parenting" for the majority of the week. What an eye opener I received. I can't believe how much I rely on having my husband around to help with the girls, or things around the house. I am so thankful to God that I have a spouse who is willing to help me when he knows I am overwhelmed or just need that little help! It was so wonderful to see the girls' faces when they saw their daddy last night! And they have yet to leave his side this morning!I have a feeling that is going to be the way it is today! I am so okay with that!

Also this week would have been my little sister's 9th birthday. However, she passed away last spring (May 2009) due to a heart condition. We miss her incredibly much, but we know she is in heaven with Jesus, and had the ultimate birthday party!

This week, I am posting a few songs that have encouraged me this week! I have been working through the Bible In 90 Days Challenge at Mom's Toolbox. Though I am a few days behind, I have been so encouraged as I read through the Psalms and Proverbs. Also this week, in my devotions, it seems that all I have been reading has reminded me Who I Am in Christ! Even when I mess up, He still loves me. The Creator, King of Kings loves me, despite my faults. I am His!



In Canada right now, we are experiencing terrible forest fires in British Columbia that is causing a terrible smokey haze across the entire country. I live in Alberta (one province over) and yesterday you could not even see the yard due to smoke haze. It is terrible, yet it is a huge testament of God's creation. Even in a terrible thing like a forest fire, the photos coming out show the gloriousness of His creation. As Chris Tomlin states, its indescribable.





Be blessed this week!

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it so wonderful to have a husband who loves us enough to help around the house?
    The girls are so blessed to have such a special daddy in their life.
    I am so sorry to hear about your sister. Your right, she had the most ultimate Birthday Party.

    These are wonderful songs. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also doing the read the Bible in 90 days.
    Hang in there, you can do it.
    September is almost here, which means we only have close to one month left. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been hearing a lot about the Bible in 90 days. I'm going to have to check it out.

    Chris Tomlin's Indescribable is a song that touched me from the moment I heard it. Thanks for posting! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciated your thoughts today- knowing God loves me even when I mess up is a much needed reminder as I face this week.
    Hugs for you as your heart hurts over your sisters birthday- missing those special days is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Participating in a bible study is really great! It will enlighten you and can lift up your spirits, your spiritual needs.. can make your faith stronger.

    ReplyDelete