Friday, August 6, 2010

Wake Up, O Sleeper: Book Review

About The Book:



"Jack Wilson found himself riding in the back of a pickup truck wondering how everything could have gone so wrong. He looked up the road and caught a glimpse of the strange, enclosed city looming in the distance. His father had agreed to leave the safety of their secluded cabin in the mountains and travel hundreds of miles with him to try and find Lori. It had been over two years since he saw her last. Jack loved her desperately but had no idea how she felt toward him. They had prepared for months, planning out every detail—or so he had thought.

Now Jack's father was dead, the plan was totally shot, and he was making it up as he went along with his life in the balance. He had four days to infiltrate the city, find Lori, and escape before he would surely be discovered and killed. He couldn't have dreamed how the next four days and a mysterious letter from his father would forever change his life.

Wake Up, O Sleeper is a page-turning thrill ride that you won't be able to put down. The shocking ending will leave you asking: 'Am I awake or asleep?'"





About The Author:

I have lived almost all of my 39 years in Monroe County, Tennessee, a rural area nestled in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains.  I married Debbie, my high-school sweetheart, in 1991 and we have three rowdy boys, Josiah (13), Josh (8), and Jamey (6).  I teach 3rd and 4th grade boys in an Awana class at church and coach Upward basketball.  I graduated valedictorian from Madisonville High School and Summa Cum Laude from Tennessee Technological University with a BS in Civil Engineering.  All that education led me to my career for the last 17 years as a structural engineer.  At the age of 28, I helped to start Cornerstone Engineering in 1999 and have specialized in the design of the support frames for sports video displays. I am a licensed P.E.(Professional Engineer) in 48 states.  I am not big on hobbies, but I do enjoy running, playing basketball, and the occasional foray into writing, which I hope (Lord willing) to develop into more than just a hobby.

My Review:


If you want a book that combine mystery, murder, and love then you have to read Jed Wright's debut novel, Wake Up, O Sleeper. 


A phenomoneal story line that will keep you on the edge of your seat and you will fall in love with the well-developed characters. I love that themes such as not becoming complacent in life and relationships is seen throughout the novel. I felt like I was right in the middle of the story, and could totally see this novel as a movie. This was an incredible first novel by Mr. Wright and I sure hope a sequel will come out soon.


 I loved this book and I highly recommend it. 


BUY IT: You can purchase Wake Up, O Sleeper online here, directly through the publisher, Tate Publishing


***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of the author. All opinions expressed are my own and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment